Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: United Bowhunters of BC

United Bowhunters of BC

The concept of a provincial bowhunters organization has led to the formation of the United Bowhunters of BC. The organizations goal is to lobby for more bowhunting opportunity in the province where such opportunity is in line with sound conservation and wildlife management.

We have made the orgtanization known to the government in Victoria and each region and have already been consulted on matters pertaining to bowhunting in the province.

We have one more executive position to fill, a director for Region 2.

Director's Responsibilities

Introduce yourself and the UBBC to, and get to know the Ministry of Environment Regional Biologist responsible for making recommendations on hunting seasons to Victoria.

Be the bowhunting point of contact for the Ministry of Environment in your region.

Make yourself and the UBBC known to the bowhunting community in your region.

Look for bowhunting opportunity in your region.

Be the point of contact for bowhunting opportunity ideas and suggestions in your region.

Communicate with other regional directors and the UBBC executive.

If you or someone you know would like to participate in bowhunting's future please contact us at info@ubbc.ca

If you would like more information or would like to become a member please visit our website at www.ubbc.ca

Gord Eason
    President

2. Site Sponsor

Re: United Bowhunters of BC

great idea and a long time coming!!
    Keep it up Gord
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Good post Gord. Great to see things are coming together.

Filling a Reg 2 position should be interesting. The majority of hunters likely live in the lower mainland. I wonder if anyone will step up.

Being a lower mainland resident, I'd consider it, however I am presently involved in a transition back to the Kootenay (region 4).

Once I settle down there I'll be in contact with you. Keep up the great work.

JT
    (OB)

Good idea Coyote. Now maybe we can get some attention at the hunting season table.

awesome Job ... get ahold of the ABA (Alberta Bowhunters Assoc.) they have their stuff together when it comes to Bowhunting advocacy

www.bowhunters.ca

trust me ... the group there has done wonders at the Govs dinner table

I will sending in my lifetime membership as soon as I get settled in PG

Mike

Good work, a pleasure to see and hope it takes off.

Craig
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!

Thanks for the tip Mikey

Coyote

Hey Gord is this still going?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    The concept of a provincial bowhunters organization has led to the formation of the United Bowhunters of BC. The organizations goal is to lobby for more bowhunting opportunity in the province where such opportunity is in line with sound conservation and wildlife management.

We have made the orgtanization known to the government in Victoria and each region and have already been consulted on matters pertaining to bowhunting in the province.

We have one more executive position to fill, a director for Region 2.

Director's Responsibilities

Introduce yourself and the UBBC to, and get to know the Ministry of Environment Regional Biologist responsible for making recommendations on hunting seasons to Victoria.

Be the bowhunting point of contact for the Ministry of Environment in your region.

Make yourself and the UBBC known to the bowhunting community in your region.

Look for bowhunting opportunity in your region.

Be the point of contact for bowhunting opportunity ideas and suggestions in your region.

Communicate with other regional directors and the UBBC executive.

If you or someone you know would like to participate in bowhunting's future please contact us at info@ubbc.ca

If you would like more information or would like to become a member please visit our website at www.ubbc.ca

Gord Eason
    President

Quote Originally Posted by bhartenb View Post
    Hey Gord is this still going?
    Bill
    http://www.ubbc.ca/
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I joined quite awhile ago with a multi-year membership but haven't heard a peep from anyone since.
    I've tried to check on my membership status by using www.ubbc.ca/ but it keeps failing.
    If anyone is able to communicate with Gord or the organization could you please let me know, thanks.