Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Okanagan Elk

Big Okanagan Elk

My hunting buddy told me yesterday that a big 8X7 elk was shot very near Kelowna a few days ago. Apparently it's already at Harley White's...

I heard that the fellow went near the bush, cow called with a hoochie mama, the bull came out of the bush and spotted the hunter, back in the bush it went. Fellow hoocjied it again, bull came out and got shot...

Anyone else heard of this? I could not find anything on it on HBC so it might not be true.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big Okanagan Elk

i would love to see but have not heard of anything

Quote Originally Posted by troutseeker View Post
    My hunting buddy told me yesterday that a big 8X7 elk was shot very near Kelowna a few days ago. Apparently it's already at Harley White's...

I heard that the fellow went near the bush, cow called with a hoochie mama, the bull came out of the bush and spotted the hunter, back in the bush it went. Fellow hoocjied it again, bull came out and got shot...

Anyone else heard of this? I could not find anything on it on HBC so it might not be true.
    Well if its @ Harley White everyone in there dog will know about ASAP it they dont call him Mr. CNN for nothing
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Man o man I wish that was me lol

So, not 1, but 2 hoots on the hoochie is the secret!!!! Hmmm.....
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Interesting about the HM. I was told by some elk hunting buddies in the Koots that there the HM has almost become an elk deterrent due to the fact it consistently reproduces the same sound - unlike real elk and reed calls, and the elk get wise to it quickly.

Anyone else heard this?

i know of a big 7x7 and a 6x7 that were taken.... no 7x8 tho

I know there was a big 6x6 taken in the park by a guy in westbank.

Yes, Hoochies have been known to scare elk here! I use diaphrams because I can produce any sound that I like.

Ran into Officer Sietz last week and he was investigating a young bull elk shot and left up there just outside the park. Haven't heard much about it since though.