Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tru life taxidermy

tru life taxidermy

Anyone use him an have had any problems? I had a bear done there a few years ago with no problems just a lil slow but it was expected. But my cousin has had a bison there for 4 years now and he is starting to get pretty pissed off. He cant get ahold of him and he went out there once not to long ago and he wasnt around. Anyone know whats goin on?
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: tru life taxidermy

I brought a goat in there a couple of years ago and had no problems. He was actually pretty quick compared to other taxidermists I have dealt with. I believe I had the mount back in 8 or 9 months.

I've used him on a deer and numerous people I know have used him. Yes, tough to get ahold of, slow but reasonably priced. Haven't heard anything that would be cause for concern. I know guys that have got fast service from him, but they fed him a line that they needed the trophy to enter in an awards banquet, but my deer was about two years to get back.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

I've used him and it was all positive. His work is second to none!

Dan has done at least fifteen mounts and rugs for us. His taxidermy is so good that I wondered about responding to this thread as it will no doubt make more people aware of his great work and reasonable rates. Wish there were more like him.

One should be more cautious about publicly questioning someone's reputation in this manner I think.

Dan is actually second generation at this as his father started him at this. my dad had several bear rugs done by Dan's dad years ago.

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 40incher View Post
    Dan has done at least fifteen mounts and rugs for us. His taxidermy is so good that I wondered about responding to this thread as it will no doubt make more people aware of his great work and reasonable rates. Wish there were more like him.

One should be more cautious about publicly questioning someone's reputation in this manner I think.

i m not question his reputation i was just wonderin if some one on here knows if something has happened that maybe is makin it longer or something. i know dan is second generation and i know he does awesome work like i said he did my bear rug and im very happy with the work and the price and i went to him for one is price and two its the only guy that my uncle and my grandpa go to. but my cousin is just wonderin why its takin so long. 4 years is a long time to wait for a head mount. i think a big part of it is my cousin is over excited to get his mount back.
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

He is very reputable for his nice work. However, i know of atleast two guys still waiting, a year or two beyond there quoted date.

4 years is a loooooong time and if it wasn't justified, sucks.

Get a buggy to leave him a message that you have a large sheep that you want full-bodied - That'll get his attention and will likely lead to an appointment for drop off. Figure it out from there...

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

dan is a hunter himself and it reflects in his work!his mounts are so realistic.i personally think he is the best around.