Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Peace Pigs

North Peace Pigs

I heard a rumour of feral pigs in the North Peace area. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone know anything about this? Where and when can I shoot them???

2. Site Sponsor

Re: North Peace Pigs

If there is no season, you can't shoot them. The exception being if they are endangering your livestock.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

I guess I need some livestock...what about private land?

a farmer in flatrock has wild boars on his land charges about $200 for a hunt. some of them wander onto the neighbors occassionally.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

I have heard something about this too, I have never seen one though. I have never looked into it to see if you can shoot them, I have talked to one guy that has shot one. It wasn't on private land, it was out towards the Jedney area. There is no listing in the regs for fallow deer on vancouver island but your allowed to shoot them so I don't see a reason why you can't shoot them on public land, unless its obviously someones farm animal.
    Barnes ttsx, the four pedals of death that lead to great a great BBQ.

I have a friend in FSJ who shot a "russian wild boar" on a private ranch. The meat wasn't all that great, kinda gross actually. Could have just been the sausage recipe too though... He said he paid about $300 if I remember correct.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

I saw them in the Jedney years ago as well. I was told they were from from the ranch on the beaton river , and that they came and went from there as they liked. This would be simular to someones cattle out on crown land. In my eyes they are owned by someone and not to be shot. It was the same with the pigs I saw. I do have to admit camp porkchops crossed my mind.
    Mike

ther in the cecil lake area and the guy that owns them turned the free they get into the nieghbors fields and he just wants them dead so and i shot one in my sisters yard in cecil lake rioght where our kids were playing a few hrs before so there are lots out in cecil lake if you know anyone out there
    How many more sleeps till sheep season starts again

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    I have heard something about this too, I have never seen one though. I have never looked into it to see if you can shoot them, I have talked to one guy that has shot one. It wasn't on private land, it was out towards the Jedney area. There is no listing in the regs for fallow deer on vancouver island but your allowed to shoot them so I don't see a reason why you can't shoot them on public land, unless its obviously someones farm animal.
    Well anything that is not listed in the regs has no open season on it. There is no gray area there Pappy. Shooting nuisance animals on private land that are harming or harassing livestock is another story but not on crown, and not in your back yard. As for Island deer, Fallow deer fall under the mule deer seasons, as do blacktail:

Mule deer licence also valid for blacktailed and fallow deer.

It's entirely different than shooting feral hogs on Crown land. But if you don't believe me, go ahead and shoot one, and then go into the local CO's office and let them know that you have shot it. Let us know how it works out for ya.
    Last edited by MuleyMadness; 03-23-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
    Support www.residentpriority.ca

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
    Lowering the corporate tax rates is a good thing, it gives corporations more profits so they can afford to give employees raises and other perks. OR if the company is on the brink of financial disaser it can help to keep those jobs for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleyMadness View Post
    Well anything that is not listed in the regs has no open season on it. There is no gray area there Pappy. Shooting nuisance animals on private land that are harming or harassing livestock is another story but not on crown, and not in your back yard. As for Island deer, Fallow deer fall under the mule deer seasons, as do blacktail:

Mule deer licence also valid for blacktailed and fallow deer.

It's entirely different than shooting feral hogs on Crown land. But if you don't believe me, go ahead and shoot one, and then go into the local CO's office and let them know that you have shot it. Let us know how it works out for ya.

What ever happened to that guy who was shooting bison and taking them to the co's office?? Dawson Creek was it??