Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elk early season in reg. 4

Elk early season in reg. 4

Just wondering who is all planning to go off to the kootenays for the early elk season this year.

I also wanted this to be a story board of some of the previous elk bowhunts in the kootenays. Feel free to give an in depth detail of where you shot your elk and where you are hunting this year. If you want to of course.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk early season in reg. 4

This will be our 5th year heading out to region 4. Last year was the first year we were successful for elk " 1 bull, 1 cow". Lots of them around though. I hope the regs allow us to harvest cows again during the archery season. I don't want to say exactly where we hunt, but it seems like the elk numbers are up everywhere. If I had to say what we did different last year that made the greatest difference in our success, it would have to be cow calling alot more, and not being afraid to try new areas when old ones aren't producing.

I hope they don't let cows to be taken agian this year... IMO and me is a Bow Hunter also......

How come Venom too many being taken?

There are a LOT of elk in Region 4 this year. It's rare these days when I take a drive down a forrestry road and don't see an elk. That is a BIG change from 5 years ago when I moved here, and even seeing a cow elk was a rare treat.

I'm expecting this upcoming elk season to be fantastic.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Not me we have a new baby, maybe next year I'll get up their for a elk hunt.
    FullDraw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

I'd like to head over there for the bow season but I'm waiting to see the leh results before making any definite plans. I think its any elk again this year, the regs go until the end of 06.
    I've hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C
    This will be our 5th year heading out to region 4. Last year was the first year we were successful for elk " 1 bull, 1 cow". Lots of them around though. I hope the regs allow us to harvest cows again during the archery season. I don't want to say exactly where we hunt, but it seems like the elk numbers are up everywhere. If I had to say what we did different last year that made the greatest difference in our success, it would have to be cow calling alot more, and not being afraid to try new areas when old ones aren't producing.

Well just a heads up the cow season is open I got a copie of the new reg last thursday. my dad is a printer and we get them hot off the press so to say.

Hey Fulldraw , Don`t worry about missing Elk season . Your new Baby girl is worth every Elk in the province !!!!!

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Greybark your right next year we will plan a elk hunt for sure!

FullDraw
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA