Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whisker Biscuit woes

Whisker Biscuit woes

Howdy- I'm new to the archery game and just picked up an old bow and had a shop set me up with new accesseries. It shot great through paper right off the bat.

Problem-I've shot maybe 10 rounds of arrows and I've peeled off one fletching off most of the arrows. They're plastic(vinyl?) vanes. Do most of you have to switch over to feathers with the biscuit?? Or is there possibly another issue here. The Easton Carbonaeroes were fletched by the shop. Type of adhesive??
    Thanks
    SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 06-28-2006 at 04:29 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Whisker Biscuit woes

Rather than switch to feathers which are considerably slower, I'd look at switching to a Drop Away rest.

Something like the Safari Twister from APA. No fletching contact, total containment of the arrow (important when hunting), and no contact with the arrow after you release it.

JMHO.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 07-03-2006 at 08:00 PM.

If You get a drop away rest it will save your Vanes, leave the feather's to the birds they suck..... use a trophy taker drop away and you will never have a problem again and easy to tune also......

I use a whisker biscuit rest and have shot hundreds of arrows thru it and have never had a vane come off.All my vanes have a small dab of glue at the end of the vane you might want to try that , before switching rests.

i have never had any luck with arrows fletched buy a shop. The only way to get good arrows is to make them yourself . i like the trophy taker to !but if you can make that WB work for you its a great hunting rest.

Boormans in new west, did my arrows and told me about putting a little dab of glue at the end of the vane.So far non have come loose or fallen off.

I too have shot many arrows out of my biscuit with no problems at all.

what are some of the other problems people have with them?

Justin

For some reason i just could not tune my bow to shoot broadheads with the WB . When i went back to the TT it was tuned in a dozen shots. I think it was just my shooting stile cause my friend could shoot it real good . And i out shot him always.

Since it's a bit of a clunker old bow I'll stay away from the expensive rests for now. Once I know how committed I can be to the sport, I'll upgrade my bow and gear later. For now, I'll try the glue on the end of the vane and then try feathers if that doesn't work. The adhesive on there right now seems a little "gummy" so that might be the problem.
    Any recommendations for adhesives?? A friend recommended a Lock-Tite glue but I can't remember the name.

Thanks Gentlemen!
    SSS

I installed lots of wiskerbiscuits on many bows never had a tuning issue however your form and follow through is more critical using a biscuit because the biscuit is contacting the arrow as it leaves the bow. As for fletching issues I use loctite superglue and put a dab on the front of the vane and the back , never had one come off yet even with a biscuit.
    BC4Bowhunter