Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renew Hunting Licence

Renew Hunting Licence

I did not renew my hunting licence for many years. I would like to renew it now but I can not find any papers. What can I do ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Renew Hunting Licence

If you were not hunting recently enough to have a Hunter Number in BC, you have to take the CORE exam (the course is optional, the test is mandantory).

However, if you have ever had a hunter number issued in BC (not sure when it started, but it was a good long time ago), you can go down to your local access center, and they can probably get you straightened out.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Welcome to the site cwlam3..........brotherjake is right, if you had a hunters numbers at one time, the access center will have it. A friend moved a few times and permanently misplaced all his paperwork and they were able to help him out no problem.....
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

They are botth right. I just went through the process of obtaining my hunting license since the 1980's. i had an old license from 1982 but that was before the hunting number came out. I went down to the local access number to see if I was in the system and I wasn't. i challenged the core exam after much studyting and passed yesterday!. I have sent in my info to the British Columbia Wildlife Federation and should get my number in two weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman
    They are botth right. I just went through the process of obtaining my hunting license since the 1980's. i had an old license from 1982 but that was before the hunting number came out. I went down to the local access number to see if I was in the system and I wasn't. i challenged the core exam after much studyting and passed yesterday!. I have sent in my info to the British Columbia Wildlife Federation and should get my number in two weeks or so.

Congrats on passing. Mine took about a week before I got the certificate in the mail, but maybe thats because Roy sent it in by express .
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Where is the access centre in Lower mainland ? Where And what should I call ? Thanks.

I believe the place you can go are the Government Agents Offices, I don't know if that is what was called "Access Centres" in the earlier posts, here are the two locations I found online along with a link to the Government web site:

Cheryll Heroux
    Government AgentSend e-mail to: Cheryll.Heroux@gov.bc.ca
    175 - 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road
    Maple Ridge, BC
    V2X 5Z6
    Tel: 604-466-7470
    Fax: 604-467-6131
    Office Hours:
    Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

Jim Hay
    Government Agent Send e-mail to:
    James.Hay@gov.bc.ca

BC Access Centre
    Suite 1 - 45467 Yale Road West
    Chilliwack, BC
    V2R 3Z8

Tel: 604-795-8415
    Fax: 604-795-8408

Office Hours:
    Monday to Friday
    , 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

http://www.governmentagents.gov.bc.c.../fish_hunt.htm

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I am going to find out next week. Eddy

My brother once had a BC hunting licence then moved to Alta, years later back to BC. He went to the courthouse and swore on an affidavit that he once had a BC license and they issued him a new one. No CORE course was needed to challenge. This was probably prior to the hunter numbers being issued

Pull your head out of your Ass
    long enough to see how stupid you look!!!!!

Angry Re: Renew Hunting Licence

Just off the topic a bit some little darling took my wallet and in it was my pal now does anybody know how to get a new one some help would be nice, going to get new hunter # on Monday, thanks guys and girls.