Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scent proof camo?

scent proof camo?

I am just curious, has anyone noticed a difference in using scent proof camo and if you have what brand works well?

p.s. I am a bowhunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: scent proof camo?

I have the original Scent-Lok Suit and it works fine but you still have to watch the wind or air current.

As for scent proof camo I have my doupts that it works as well as advertised. Another problem I see is that the camo pattern will bleach out very quickly.

The reasons are that in the scent proof camo the active charcoal liners are not as thick and to activate, respectivley clean the active charcoal you have to put it into the laundry dryer at the hihest setting for at least one half hour. You do this every time after you used the camo. Such harsh treatment will ruin the camo pattern fast as there are no colour dies that can withstand such treatment without fading.

In my opinion you are better off to buy a Sent-Lok Suit which you can wear as an under garment.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

http://www.skinnymoose.com/ALSLawsuit.pdf

Not sure if this has been posted before but was hearing the rumblings of a class action law suit against this concept....seems like it has been filed....in the states of course....but if it is not an internet hoax it will be fun to watch the backpedling now......Cabelas Sales alone has gotta be a gazillion $$$$ of this stuff

I htink it's called the wind...

You breathe, so scent lok isn't going to help much, IMHO

Might buy you a minute, though
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I find camo to be like your rifle, some work for you others don't. I have scent lok pants and jacket but find deer pick me out and seem to spook faster than if I wear my old jacket and walmart pants. anyone want to buy a scent lok jacket and pants?

my cabella seems to work.a good guillie suit is more helpfull though.

I agree with Gatehouse - if you're upwind of the animal, within typical shooting ranges, it can probably smell you. A scent lock suit might help a bit in certain circumstances, but being downwind will help you a lot more! I think they are more of a gimmick than anything, but I'll admit I haven't bothered trying them. I have a hard time buying the sales pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I agree with Gatehouse - if you're upwind of the animal, within typical shooting ranges, it can probably smell you. A scent lock suit might help a bit in certain circumstances, but being downwind will help you a lot more! I think they are more of a gimmick than anything, but I'll admit I haven't bothered trying them. I have a hard time buying the sales pitches.

That's why they make cover-scents.....nothing like sharing a tent with a partner that insists on using skunk cover-scent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pupper View Post
    I am just curious, has anyone noticed a difference in using scent proof camo and if you have what brand works well?

p.s. I am a bowhunter
    IIRC the BEST brand and most recommended according to all the Scent Clothing supporters was/ is the one that's getting sued !

It's a gimmick......the only way to prevent an animal from scenting you is to stay upwind IMO

nasa could not come up with a suit to stifle the emanations coming from my nether region so cabela,s has not got a chance, get up a tree be aware of wind pattern.