Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mule tail or White deer?

Mule tail or White deer?

Here's an interesting pic for ya' I found this one on a Texas* guiding site they where saying how good there world class white tail hunting is?
    Looks to me like a muley with a whitey's head gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails texas-deer-hunting-ranches-DEER2000-02.jpg  
    Last edited by Iron-Head; 05-29-2006 at 06:43 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mule tail or White deer?

Mule Deer has a bigger white ass. The color of the animal could just be the way the picture was edited. The rack is defanitely Whitetail.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

looking at it, this is definitely a white-tail deer but is is not a Texas deer.
    This looks more like a Mid-Western (Illinois, Kansas, that area) deer. Texas white-tails are usually more slender, with longer legs and narrow high atler tines. Mid-Wstern whitetails are like this one stocky, heavy muscled with shorter tines and thick mass, a bit like a Saskatchewan deer but lighter in colour with shorter hair.

Nice buck though, I would be happy to have him.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Symon,

I could be wrong but to me this picture looks like it was doctored up using photoshop or a similar graphics editing program. If you look closely at the antlers and the tail you can tell.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

I agree with bigwhiteys comment

yah that lokos photoshopped alright

Thats what I am saying to me it looks like some one wasnt happy with the body size of the animal he took so he photo shopped the animals antlers on to a bigger body'
    My 2 cents , It doesnt look right Even if it is a wite tail I never seen one with that back tail before?

I agree 100% with the photo shop comments what I am really curios about is why would he purposely be making "hybrid" deer to post on his presentation for a guiding company.
    Symon

Quote Originally Posted by symon
    I agree 100% with the photo shop comments what I am really curios about is why would he purposely be making "hybrid" deer to post on his presentation for a guiding company.
    Symon
    Because big bucks attract clients.

I showed the picture to my wife, a professional photographer and graphic designer, and she said that it is hard to tell from the size of the picture that it had been "assembled". But that it is obvious that it had been touched up with colour filters and locally "smudged" on places. She also tells me that this is very common with all photographs used for advertising. Even she will "play" around with perfect exposed and high quality photos in Photoshop until they are "artistic" just right.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Hmm yeah I guess so. You'd think that them being a hunting out fitter that there clients would know there critters and in turn get some scolding from a few people on a doctored pic'. Any ways thanks for your post
    Symon.