Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Food plots

Food plots

Is there anyone out there planting there own food plot.It does not have to be big it just has to produce .we are playing around the creeks here and planting every 100 yards or so.10x20 plots any other ideas out there.Whitetail only hopefully .Its based on clover's and fern seeds and native grasses. Trying something new thats all .
    GONNA HUNT TILL I DIE

2. Site Sponsor

BCHunter Guest
    isn't that baiting?

No it is not.Actually there is no real law out there that says you can not feed deer and such.Only if it is a carnivore you can not bait it.[bear,coyotes cougar]Thats what I understand anyway.There might be a restriction on how much feed you give them but thats it.Hopefully there will be more comments.
    GONNA HUNT TILL I DIE

i m sure food plots is a form of baitin and is illegal here...i know u cant take apples out to attract whitetails cuz its baiting...i would look into it more wouded before u go out and do it
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

BCHunter Guest
    sorry to tell you its baiting plain and simple. And its illegal

food plot? isn't that where you grow a garden & wait for the animals to come??
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

serious question here, not trying to start anything.....someone please explain to me why a food plot would be illegal but hunting an alfalfa feild is not. I'm searching for the logic that says one type of cultivation is illegal while another is not. Can anyone provide an explanation?

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

It's the same logic that states you can't hunt bear over a gut pile or carrion you might find in the field but working a salmon stream or a wild blueberry patch is OK. I'm not sure that cultivating for the purpose attracting animals is OK but I'd phone Victoria 10 times before I bought 1 bag of seed. Hopefully you get 6 answers the same.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

if u just walk out in the bush on crown land and grow a food plot then ya i can that being illegal...but if u have private land and u grow alfalpha to harvest and what not and u decide to hunt it it would be legal cuz ur not planting for purpose of attracting animals...i know i guy in quesnal that has told me any time i wanna stop by his property to go ahead...its just huntin on farm land...i know now that i think of it is definatly a grey area...i would have to agree with steeleco though and call victoria before u run out and buy seeds...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I could be wrong, but the only reference I've ever seen to baiting in the BC regs has to do with bears..

I've never seen anything that says you can't have a whole pile of apples or a salt lick or whatever for deer.

Can someone point out to me which regulation says that baiting deer is illegal in BC?

I've never seen anyone bait deer in BC, either, though.

I'm interested in what sort of seed you are using since the deer migrate through here in the summer, and I am about to replant a large area that was dug up last year for a new septic system.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!