Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrowed spring bears?

arrowed spring bears?

anybody take a bear withy either bow or crossbow this spring?I admit-I'm partial to the Excaliber crossbows-hope to pick one up this year.The odds are considerably better for LEH archery hunts

2. Site Sponsor

Re: arrowed spring bears?

OH god no more Cross bow debates please. lol. I have yet to get one but I keep trying with the bow. Its hard when you go out and could have shot a few with a rifle but no chances yet with the bow. Soon... very soon...I hope. Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Thumbs up Re: arrowed spring bears?

Well Guys,

I got my first Kill with my Bow yesterday, took a 5 1/2 foot Blacky 200lbs and not a bad size head, its not the biggest I have seen this year but it was a shooter for the first one with a bow, I use a Mathews SwitchBack 70# 28" DL and a 425 gr arrow with a Slick Trick Braod head. I was wearing my ASAT camo suite and the bear never even seen or heard me while I was stalking it hehehee! so when I was within 20 to 30 yards of him I drew my bow and waited for the right placement of the arrow so I would get the Kill shot, sure enough it only took the bear a couple minutes to move wear I could get the shot I wanted, I Let the arrow go ...yayy! good shot, I knew I hit the right the spot... so I waited for about 30 minutes while I came down from the rush, being my first kill and all with my bow hahaha! sure enough about 60 yrds away down hill I found him piled up agaist a tree. No movement at all So I poked it the bow and sure enough it was gone ears were down and tounge hanging out. yayyy!!!! its dead and By this time my heart was flying again.....so I sat down and caught my breath about it all, so I pull out my camera to take some pictures, grrrr!! my kids took my good batteries and stuck thier old ones in my camera, so I said darn no pictures out here i guess, so when I got home I took a few ..so those are the only ones I got..but the memorey will remain forever.... well guys I must say Bow Hunting is way more of a rush and exciting than riffle hunting.... its the unknowin thats the best part ....LOL!

John
    Last edited by JohnS; 05-22-2006 at 06:02 PM.

congrats John.....and welcome to the fraternity!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Good for you! That's awesome. I can't wait until I get a bear with a bow. Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Here is a Picture of the bear....
    Last edited by JohnS; 07-09-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by PSE_VENOM
    Well Guys,

I got my first Kill with my Bow yesterday, took a 5 1/2 foot Blacky 200lbs and not a bad size head, its not the biggest I have seen this year but it was a shooter for the first one with a bow, I use a 70# 28" DL and a 425 gr arrow with a Slick Trick Braod head. I was wearing my ASAT camo suite and the bear never even seen or heard me while I was stalking it hehehee! so when I was within 20 to 30 yards of him I drew my bow and waited for the right placement of the arrow so I would get the Kill shot, sure enough it only took the bear a couple minutes to move wear I could get the shot I wanted, I Let the arrow go ...yayy! good shot, I knew I hit the right the spot... so I waited for about 30 minutes while I came down from the rush, being my first kill and all with my bow hahaha! sure enough about 60 yrds away down hill I found him piled up agaist a tree. No movement at all So I poked it the bow and sure enough it was gone ears were down and tounge hanging out. yayyy!!!! its dead and By this time my heart was flying again.....so I sat down and caught my breath about it all, so I pull out my camera to take some pictures, grrrr!! my kids took my good batteries and stuck thier old ones in my camera, so I said darn no pictures out here i guess, so when I got home I took a few ..so those are the only ones I got..but the memorey will remain forever.... well guys I must say Bow Hunting is way more of a rush and exciting than riffle hunting.... its the unknowin thats the best part ....LOL!

John
    Wow! Good for you! I have been trying as well and have come close to letting the string slide from my fingers. Myself and fireonethree are going out again after supper today so maybe I will have a story to tell.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Congrats on your first bear !! I am still trying - got to within 40 yards the other night but no shot then he busted Willy and I. Maybe this week. Again --way to go. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Thanks Guys, good luck on your adventures... Cheers!!!!

Nice bear and with a bow to boot, well done.