Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

Re: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

Sealevel, I think I saw on a previous thread that you are coming down from up Island. If so you drive through Duncan and across the big silver bridge on the south side and take a right at the second set of lights after the bridge (Allenby Rd.)and then take the second left (Koksilah Rd.)and then it's a right on Doupe Rd. The Address is 3044 Doupe Rd. There should be signs up as well.
    Hope this helps.....Ron
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

Bow Walker Guest

Talking Re: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

It cost nothing to come and watch as far as I know. All you need to do is to hook up with a group. You could join myself, Ron, his son, and whomever else if you like............we are always in the need of a "go-fer"

That is someone to fetch the arrows. Ron could use the help searching for his flyers.

There will be signs up telling you where to go [to the shoot]. For a map, here is our url agin www.cowichanbowmen.com
    It cost nothing to come watch, except for lunch and maybe if you stay for supper
    I've seen Ron's robinhoods so maybe Dan needs help to look for his arrows.
    You can hook up with me and a few of us Cowichan ACE shooters.
    I was at the club tonight [if this old guy can make the course !!!!] checking things out with 3-D director, going to be a great shoot.

Congrats to Mystx's daughter, she must have just got her learners as I seen her driving her boyfriend's jeep out of the club tonight.
    Congrat's to Myst's son for getting a jop at Duncan Iron Works.

New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Bow Walker Guest

Eagle - don't forget your glasses this time ! .........and if your arrows get any fatter, they will knock over the target(s) and not leave any room for other shooters

Coming from Victoria
    before actually reaching Duncan you will come to a stop light that is the intersection of Koksilah Rd & the TCH (the Cowichan Bay Volunteer Fire Dept is on the right side just before the light)--you want to turn LEFT off the highway.
    -follow Koksilah {coke-sigh-la} past Fox Run Stables, past Cowichan Station Rural Traditional School, under the underpass, past St. Andrew's Anglican Church, over the bridge, up the hill, past the turn off to Bright Angel Park, past Fairbridge, down the hill, through the corn flats, up the hill, then at the top of the hill (across from Evans Redi-Mix) you turn LEFT on Doupe Rd.......

Coming from Nanaimo
    come through the traffic lights in Duncan, staying on the TCH. You are looking for the second set of lights after crossing the bridge (this is past the turn offs to the city centre), this will be Allenby Rd & you will turn RIGHT, go less than a km on Allenby & you will turn LEFT on Koksilah Rd. Follow Koksilah's twists & turns (you will pass Hykaway & Millar Roads) & you will come to Doupe Rd (across from Evans Redi-Mix). You will turn RIGHT on Doupe Rd.......

there is a sign on the pole by the mailboxes at the end of Doupe Rd, & there is a sign at the driveway of the archery club. Stay on Doupe for about 1 to 2 kms, & the archery club is on the LEFT –look for a wooden sign on a wooden arch! 3044 Doupe Road ~ Cowichan Bowmen Archery Club.

What time does the shoot start on Sat and Sunday. I can make one day maybe.

I also would like to know the start times for Sat. and Sun. shoot in Duncan. And are they shotgun start or walk on?

Bow Walker Guest

Cowichan Bowmen Archery Club 3044 Doupe Rd. Duncan BC

SATURDAY:
    Registration @ 7:00 a.m.
    Walk-On Start @ 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.

SUNDAY:
    Shotgun Start @ 9:30 a.m.

30 targets both days - 2 arrow round on Saturday and a 1 arrow round on Sunday.

Novelty shoots Saturday afternoon. $30.00 per person. Cubs Free. Family $60.00 Junior $16.00 (13 - 16 yrs)

Lots of camping on the club grounds. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Dinner on Saturday evening. Dairy Queen treats throughout the shoot. All presented by volunteers.

Dan - a.k.a unrecognized Club Promoter

Quote Originally Posted by echo
    Coming from Victoria
    before actually reaching Duncan you will come to a stop light that is the intersection of Koksilah Rd & the TCH (the Cowichan Bay Volunteer Fire Dept is on the right side just before the light)--you want to turn LEFT off the highway.
    -follow Koksilah {coke-sigh-la} past Fox Run Stables, past Cowichan Station Rural Traditional School, under the underpass, past St. Andrew's Anglican Church, over the bridge, up the hill, past the turn off to Bright Angel Park, past Fairbridge, down the hill, through the corn flats, up the hill, then at the top of the hill (across from Evans Redi-Mix) you turn LEFT on Doupe Rd.......

Coming from Nanaimo
    come through the traffic lights in Duncan, staying on the TCH. You are looking for the second set of lights after crossing the bridge (this is past the turn offs to the city centre), this will be Allenby Rd & you will turn RIGHT, go less than a km on Allenby & you will turn LEFT on Koksilah Rd. Follow Koksilah's twists & turns (you will pass Hykaway & Millar Roads) & you will come to Doupe Rd (across from Evans Redi-Mix). You will turn RIGHT on Doupe Rd.......

there is a sign on the pole by the mailboxes at the end of Doupe Rd, & there is a sign at the driveway of the archery club. Stay on Doupe for about 1 to 2 kms, & the archery club is on the LEFT –look for a wooden sign on a wooden arch! 3044 Doupe Road ~ Cowichan Bowmen Archery Club.

PEOPLE COMING FROM VICTORIA;

Do not take the turn off at Kokasilah as the underpass is not high enough for campers,trailers,5th wheels and its easier to get lost as there is NO shoot signs in that direction.
    head north past Cowichan Golf couse, down the hill to the set of lights [Allenby Rd and 3-D shoot signs] turn left, then take 2nd left again about 300 hundred yards[ 3-D shoot sign, Koksilah Rd ] then follow to Doupe Rd on right, about 2 km, on to Cowichan Bowmen Club on left 2 km.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Hey Bowalker,

Good to see you acting as promotions director for this shoot.

We'll be there this weekend. Zach's been busy playing baseball this spring but we're blowing off off baseball tournament this weekend to shoot arrows instead.

We haven't been shooting much the last month or so, so keep your head down.

I think the club ordered some new targets that should have arrived in time for this event. I hope Doug had enough help setting up. We're members so I feel bad for not helping. I guess we'll just have to buy lots of raffle tickets (as usual).

See you there.

Ken