Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

Bow Walker Guest

June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

June 3 & 4
    Those are the dates of the 3D Championships at the Cowichan Bowmen Club.

Who is up for taking the top spot away from Bernie?? Rumour has it that he is ripe for the fall.

Rumour also has it that the food is going to be worth the trip all by itself! I can believe that - I know one of the chefs.

So oil up you release, limber up your digits, and smooth down that tab cause it's all up for grabs.

Oh yeah, lets see a whole passel of HBC hats there - wear them backwards so that the names can be read without having to tailgate just to see them.

Me, my brother and his son will be there flinging shafts and buying raffle tickets and eating up a storm. Hope to see a lot more "buddies" there.

Dan.

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker
    June 3 & 4
    Me, my brother and his son will be there............
    No replies??? Are we going to be there all by ourselves?? That is one heckova lotta food to eat! I best get there early to get a start on it.

I'm going to be hunting that weekend. Had it booked now since last year. Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

BowWalker. won't be down for that one but the wife and I hope to be down for the Nanaimo 3D classic. maybe meet up with you there . Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

If your talking about the same Bernie i'm thinking, I shot with him on the last day of Provincials last year and I suspect it will take a pretty special performance from someone to knock him off the top of the heap. great shooter, make very few mistakes and a heck of a nice guy to shoot with

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up Re: June 3 & 4 - Cowichan

Mike - The Nanaimo shoot will be a good one as well. They put on quality events and there is sure to be a big turnout. Come early for a parking spot as there aren't too many to be had. I hope to see you there.

You're right Chris, Bernie is one heckova guy, one heckova shot, and one heckova challenge. My brother has shot with him on the last two shoots down here. He speaks quite highly of him.

Are you going to be able to make either of the next 2-day shoots?

i shot with berne in march said he had not shot in months took him a few shots to get warmed up but once he got rolling he could sure shoot.

Dan as it gets closer I will get directions from you. How many shooters are usually there ??? Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Make sure mike you get directions to the range in nanimo cause its a bitch to find and i had bin there before.

Bow Walker Guest

Mike....if you are talking about the Nanaimo shoot it s at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club. It is at the western end of Harewood Rd.

If you are coming from the Departure Bay Ferries, you should stay on the highway (#1) as it goes from the ferries and heads into town. Right off the ferries it is called STEWART AVE. Then it becomes TERMINAL AVE. Then as you go through the downtown area and out the other side it is called NICOL ST.

Just stay on the highway #1 and head South for Victoria. (I'll tell you where to get "off" )

Continue South towards Victoria until the road becomes NICOL ST. As you head up the hill and along the straight away, look for a street on your right called 5th STREET. Turn right on 5th St. and be careful to stay on it, as it takes a small jog about two blocks off the highway. Just make sure you stay on 5th ST. and not get sidetracked onto Pine St.

Stay on 5th St. until you pass HOWARD AVE. Just past that there is an intersecting road that comes in at a sharp angle from your right - it is called HAREWOOD ROAD. Turn left onto HAREWOOD RD. Now you are heading more or less West. Stay on HAREWOOD RD. The Nanaimo Fish and Game Club is a gravel turn-off from HAREWOOD RD.

Seems confusing but it will get you there if you follow carefully.

Just in case - there is a map site and the link is Click for Map .

If you want to use a map finder the address for the club is 1250 Nanaimo Lakes Road ph: Range 250-754-2846

Hope this helps you. I apologize for any confusion (in advance) and I deny everything