Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bow Switch

Bow Switch

I've been thinking of switching bows. i currently have a PSE Venom and was thinking of switching over to a Bowtech Equalizer. I find the Venom to be a little heavy for my purposes. i bought the bow a few months ago and could probably get trade in credit for the Bowtech. Just wondering what you guys think of this idea. I've only been shooting since i got the Venom and I like the bow, but still think it's a bit heavy.
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow Switch

i am not really familuar with ether bow but don`t think in the long run it will make that much difference . the bow tec will be the better bow but you will take a beating on a trade in nothing daperciates more and fester then a bow .

I think going to the bowtech would be a good choice, the venom is a heavier bow, if you are expecting a huge diffeerence in performance you might be looking the wrong direction,

not expecting a huge performance jump. mostly the weight factor.
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

Will a few ounces make that much difference? Your shoulders must be near as bad as mine! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The 'Hummer' Guest

My first bow, that I've recently traded off, was a Darton Maverick, using XX 78, 2413's. No complaints. It was sort of a mid range priced bow. I now use a Hoyt UltraTec for target & a Hoyt CyberTec for hunting. A friend of mine has a shop in Sherwood Park AB. and thats who's recommendations I went on.

it's not a matter of having bad shoulders. i'm 17, young strong and fit. i have smaller hands though and find the venom grip less comfortable than the equalizer's. i also like the overall feel of the bowtech a little better. i think i may stick with the PSE for a few more months and then make my final decision. thanks for the info guys.
    "Good" - Jocko Willink

Make the switch, not for performance or speed or weight or anything like that, but for fit feel and confidence in equipment. These three things are absolutely key in buying archery equipment. To be a really good shot everything about the shot must become subconcious, if the bow is not comfortable or does not fit you well or even if you have some nagging doubts about it you will never reach your potential with that peice of equipment. So for the Psychological reasons and the "feel" of the bow......I ould eat the depreciation on your current bow (if you can afford to) and find a bow that really fits you well and feels good in your hand.

JMHO
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

I agree wholeheatedly with Willy. Like you I have small hands and when switched to my AR with the smaller grip my shooting improved dramtically. If a bow feels good the shooting becomes second nature, you are no longer thinking about the grip and your confidence level goes way up. The Bow Tec is an awesome bow, my son shoots one. Make the switch, you won't be sorry.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Bow Walker Guest

I had a very similar feeling about my PSE Mojave when I first bought it, I traded up to my current bow which is a Martin Phantom.

Less weight, less bulk, less ATA, and a whole lot more "good feeling" about it - which translates into confidence and satisfaction in shooting.

I have never regreted the change. I am now waiting to change to the new parallel limb technology...be it Bowtech, AR, Diamond, or what-have-you.