Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for strapping rifle to backpack?

Ideas for strapping rifle to backpack?

I have a good 80 litre backpack that I will be using for my upcoming goat hunt. The pack has a strap that holds an icepick or similar item high on the side of the pack. However, it doesnt have anything to hold the butt of the gun at the bottom of the pack.

How do you strap your rifle to your backpack? Do you put it inside with the other cargo? Do you strap it to the outside? Do you carry it on your shoulder?

Does anyone know of any products or have any ideas on how I can strap mine on for easy access?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ideas for strapping rifle to backpack?

Go buy a neoprene beer cozy and slice two slits into the upper part of it so that you can run your kidney straps through it and position it as far back as possible. stretch it over the butt of your rifle and I am sure you can probably find a strap on the upper part of your back to secure the rifle from falling out. I have not done this but it was the first thing that popped into my mind while drinking my beer which is wrapped in the neoprene cozy. it just might work.

Or you could order a kifaru gunbearer......

Or try one of these http://gunslingercorral.com/
    Genesis 27:3 (NIV1984)
    Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Go buy a neoprene beer cozy and slice two slits into the upper part of it so that you can run your kidney straps through it and position it as far back as possible. stretch it over the butt of your rifle and I am sure you can probably find a strap on the upper part of your back to secure the rifle from falling out. I have not done this but it was the first thing that popped into my mind while drinking my beer which is wrapped in the neoprene cozy. it just might work.
    LOL I wanna see pictures.
    Genesis 27:3 (NIV1984)
    Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    lol thats awesome

not awesome enough to try, but awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Billy View Post
    Or you could order a kifaru gunbearer......
    Thats exactly what I need. Thanks

Is there any Kifaru dealers in BC? Or is this a mail order company only?

Mail order and they take about 2 weeks to get .They have a youtube video to show you hjow to set it up and which model you may need.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Along the same line as the beer coozy idea. I've put a water bottle holder on the waist belt of a pack frame. The butt of the stock fits into it and an ice axe keeper up high hold the forestock. Cheap solution that works well for me.

eberle stock is the way