Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decent range finder

decent range finder

Looking for a well priced range finder to use preferably with my bow and rifle. Any suggestions? Thanks Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: decent range finder

I bought the Bushnell Arc 1000 from Cabelas. It cost $300 and you could choose between a pair of binos or a rifle scope as part of the package. I thought it was fair. I also had to go down there and buy them. I'm not sure if they will mail them here to Canada. The range finder has both bow and rifle mode and many other options.
    P.E.T.A Member
    People for Eating Tasty Animals

I see Cabelas Canada is selling it for $380 and you get the 4.0 sentry trail camera, which I dont really need, wonder why they need to sell package deals?

Bow Walker Guest

Try WSS here in Canada. The A.R.C. type rangefinders are the best ones. You can still get the regular type of rangefinder but if you're bowhunting the angle compensation will save a lot of misses.

I've been looking hard at the Chuck Adams model.

Bow Walker Guest

I just checked out Grouse River Outfitters - one of our sponsors - they've got the Chuck Adams rangefinder for $289.00

Plus - they're close to you. You could eother go in and pick it up or get them to ship. Either way they've got great service.

http://www.grouseriver.com/Bushnell_...opt-000315.htm

WSS has it as well - but I'd rather use GR.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storef...rod270344.html
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 06-21-2010 at 09:10 AM.

The Chuck Adams received some pretty bad reviews(cabelas site). Ive checked out the Bushnell 1000, only negative is it doesnt give actual yardage over 99yds(for using rifle or whatever). I may be reading this wrong. rob

Bow Walker Guest

Nikon has one that's less than $250 - but it comes with 6X magnification that can make quick target acquisition a real problem.

I've got a Nikon and it has 8X magnification. It's a problem to get the target in view when you're in a hurry.

I have used the Nikon Archers Choice for a few years now. Good price at $250 and comes with the handiest strap and case that I've used. But its range makes it strictly a bow hunters RF and it doesn't take much mist, fog or rain to render it useless. I don't know if the rifle one is any better.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Ended up with the bushnell sport 600, pretty cheap for price but it's pretty fast getting a distance. May notice the difference with moisture/fog. Does having the RF's that calculate angle make that big ofdifference? or just in tree stands mainley? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Does having the RF's that calculate angle make that big ofdifference? or just in tree stands mainley? Rob
    You only need the angle version if you're hunting in BC.

I wouldn't buy one without it for bow hunting.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.