View Poll Results: Does Leh ruin your hunting?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Without LEH success my hunting season is ruined

2 2.20%
  • LEH is a bonus and I still plan on having a good season sithout LEH success

89 97.80%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your hunting season ruined by LEH?

Is your hunting season ruined by LEH?

Every year, LEH comes out and every year, people complain about it.

I'm not one of the "lucky" LEH'ers....I went 10 years without a single draw and have still only had a handful of draws in my hunting career.....

But lack of LEH success has never "ruined" my hunting season. There is so much to hunt that I never was really bothered when I didn't get an LEH.

Does lack of LEH success really "ruin" your hunting season?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

2. Site Sponsor

Smile Re: Is your hunting season ruined by LEH?

Clarke I never let the LEH system rule over my GOS hunt ,the LEH draw is just a bonus if I get picked.

I have my season planed for the next years hunt before the end of that year as come to an end ..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 06-20-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Re: Is your hunting season ruined by LEH?

Hunting season is what it is. Any leh is considered a bonus to the already generous gos we have in bc. Of course it's frustrating to get nil every year but hey I never got my 50 mil super lotto either.

Nope

Never has and never will. (Unless they put ALL animals on LEH)

There is so much GOS in the province that no one should ever complain about not getting "Their" draw.

As it has been said a million time before, it is a Lotto and sometime you are a lucky one, but most of the time you are not......

Just get out there and hunt!!!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Nope! Wolves! The damn Wolves!

Not at all, perhaps this is why I dont get upset being 0/25 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Not at all, perhaps this is why I dont get upset being 0/25 years.
    Read my post in the "what color ink thread" you might want to look into it.

Yes ruins mine every year!Every year I want a Rosie In the Central Island,and every year they give it to someone else!All that is left is Blacktail,Bears,grouse,ducks,geese,or I could head inland for those lousy muleys,whitetails,elk,or moose,nothing really to do now,..damn leh.
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.

LEH is just an added bonus.
    for me....just means i have to hunt spike/fork horned moose rather than the "bigger" bulls,lol

I could accept the LEH system if I was convinced it was neccesary and increasing the game population,but when we have such abundant and widespread populations as deer,elk and moose,and with hunter numbers declining, and roads and railways accounting for far more animals than hunters will ever kill, I have serious doubts as to the validity of a system that results in a chance[not a guarantee] of taking ''any bull'' about once every 5 years-if I'm lucky.I'm not convinced that many ''immatures'' are not abandoned and left to rot when the hunter walks up and sees a third point....and a dead animal is removed from the breeding population no matter WHAT reason or cause of death

The fact that white tails were under LEH up until this year is proof we have far more regulation and restriction than we need.The fact that elk have become a nuisance in farm areas is proof we have far more regulation and restriction than we need.The greater amount of annimals succumb to vehicles,trains and preditors-who have a ''GOS'' 24 hours a day,365 days a year.....

I am all for an LEH system-WHERE WARRENTED,and ONLY for conservation reasons
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 06-20-2010 at 07:09 AM.