Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunkwa lake

Tunkwa lake

anyone hunt up in that area? hows the fishing?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tunkwa lake

I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

its a nice resort, haven't tried fishing, lots of hunting spots nearby though
    we should not be asking why the lunatic had a gun, but why no one else did

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, San Francisco, May 13, 1903

"No women, no kids ! " Leon : The Professional

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Fishing can be very good with sizeable specimens but can be muddy tasting when the water warms. Gets a bit crowded as well. There are a lot of hunters chasing deminishing deer, grouse, and bear populations. Still a few big bucks in the rough broken terrain at the top of Mt. Fehr well away from the travelled roads. Watch for park boundaries.

Pretty good 'yote hunting up in that area, fishin's good early in the season but tends to slow down pretty quick once the weather heats up. Good luck!

-km
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Limited out there last trip up a couple weeks ago. Usually real good in spring and tapers off with summer water temps rising and fish don' t taste as good (muddy). Very busy area in fall for hunting for sure.

I heard tunkwa was hit real bad by pinebeatle. I haven't been there for a while but I have been to lac le juene and it was gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy View Post
    I heard tunkwa was hit real bad by pinebeatle. I haven't been there for a while but I have been to lac le juene and it was gutted.
    You from the coast? All of BC has been gutted from the pine beetle.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

where the hell am i anyways this isnt where i left the truck

terrible hunting only crows and such
    Many a child journeys this high to be different. To get from here what their natures couldn't get them below. lt comes to nothing. Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got it own ways.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

If you are coming through from the big mine, as soon as you hit the powerline road, you should be able to look down into the Tunkwa lake basin. It is so depressing, it will make you cry. There is nothing but red-brown trees. I first visited Tunkwa lake with my father and brothers 49 years ago. At that time it was a beautiful wilderness with tremendous fishing, literally thousands apon thousands of ducks and geese in the fall, healthy populations of mule deer, grouse everywhere, and home to a large herd of the original wild horses. If you look closely, and know what to look for, there are still some pieces of the old roads and trails, but all the logging and mine exploration along with droves and droves of tourists have decimated the area so bad, it doesn't really matter if the trees are dead....for me, the area is dead anyway.