Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make targets??

How to make targets??

Ok, well I just got back from the Merritt 3D, and I loved it, had soo much fun! Now I want to make a good target that I can chuck arrows at for hours on end. I heard using hay bales isnt the great idea. And I heard using a burlap (spelling?) bag and filling it up with old grocery bags and paper would work too. Well, can some one give me some ideas on what to use and how to build one...It's not gunna be big, only maybe like 2 feet by 2 feet, and maybe 2 feet deep..
    Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Cliff

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How to make targets??

Ciff I have two old gunny or potato sacksI have stuffed with plastic bags .I have been shotting them for years . All I do is flaten them out to repack the bag . I have had to replace the sack . I used to shot it at the same spot and the sack material did get shot out . It is the best and cheepest target out there. I always take one with me to camp . We even pack in grain sacks on the horses to use a a target in camp .

That sounds easy enough, like someone said to use empty sandbags, it works good I guess. I'll give 'er a try, thanks buddy!

Hey cowboy, did you shoot in merritt?how did you do?

Ahhhh, well being my first shoot and just gettin a bow and all, I shot 454 outta 800 total for both days, wasnt too bad, but I had lotsa flippin' fun!!!!! Met some pretty cool ppl, every one was helpful and all, it was fun for sure! Definately hooked on bow huntin now!!!

what are you using as a rest?and arrows?

Ummm, just a cheap fork rest, and 4560 Terminator carbon arrows..PM me

Hey Cliff It can get kind of hard getting all those plastic bags soo I found the easiest way was to go to a IGA or some kind of qrocerystore and ask for there garbage seran(spelling) wrap and other assorted plastics When I asked for it they where more then happy to give me more than I needed So I just made 2 targets.
    Worked good for me.
    Symon

Thanks Symon man. I'll see what I can do!

Cliff, I also went to the grocery store and asked for their recycleable plastic and got enough to stuff 5 - 50lb bags! They are better than a target that I paid almost a 100 bucks for!! They will stop an arrow no problem and the arrows pull out with little or no effort....Ron