Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gps brands

gps brands

Hi all, I'm looking at buying a new gps this summer and I'm abit out of the loop on this technology . Which ones do you guys use/recomend?
    I don't think price should be too much of an issue. Thanks again everyone for all your help...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: gps brands

I just got the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS last fall. It's awesome, has everything you can ask for. Top of the line. Great unit and no complaints.

I've been looking for months now, I decided on the Garmin GPS 60C I don't think I need the altimeter but if the right deal come's my way!!!
    The one thing I did find is the Garmin mapping software is far better than the Magellan, I've had maggeln gps for almost 10 years, it's was great but I want to advance and for the mapping reasons alone I picked Garmin!!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 02-21-2006 at 08:56 AM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I have had both the germin is easyer to use and if you are only going to use it on the highway or on the water or the praire there great. A megellan works in the thick trees in bc i would get a megellan.

I would go for the Garmin 60C or the Vista C.I have the Vista which is not in color but still has 24 Megs of memory.I find that mine picks up the satellite spretty good.I have had the Magellan Map,Lawerence and Cheap Garmin.They all work fine but you need as much memory as you can get for Maps.The color version is much easier to read.

garmin gps map76

Another vote for the Vista. Easy to use, easy to upload maps and download track/route info to your computer.

lap

Saelevel-
    You prrobably had old Garmin's. The new ones with 12 satelite receivers are not bothered by tree's.

If you want a handheld, then the Garmin Legend Cx, Vista Cx, GPSMAP 60Cx, GPSMAP 76C are good choices. They are all autoroutable and you can upload any map you want into them. You can buy microSD memory cards for the Cx models. Expandable memory is a big plus.

Check these sites out to compare units.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/

http://www.gpscity.ca/

thanks guys, 60cx and the new vista c models definitly have everything I need. Just have to make up my mind now....
    Last edited by kishman; 02-21-2006 at 12:22 PM.