Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Archer's Tuning Guide

Bow Walker Guest

Question New Archer's Tuning Guide

There seems to be quite a few people who are "new" to archery. Would it be of any advantage to those people to have a "Tuning Guide" posted here??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Archer's Tuning Guide

Yes it would bowwalker, as I would like to know more about the bow and how to tune it as I am hoping to go bow hunting this year

What are we talking here, bow tuning or arrow tuning?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Bow Walker Guest

Just some fairly basic things to do to set up and/or fine tune a new bow - or a bow that is new to an archer, whether the archer is new or not.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of guys that can do some of the more simpler things to their equipment. Or am I not really of this world?

I find the Easton Arrow and Tuning Maintenance Guide helped me and was a good refresher.Tuning guide would be beneficial.
    Last edited by MikeH; 01-17-2010 at 12:36 AM.
    Vegetarian.. ancient word for poor hunter...

I am having trouble tuning my bow right now since it was in storage for 5 years, or maybe its just my old eyes. Whatever you could provide would be welcome.

wait untill I get home .. I know of several You tube type vids that would help the newbie and seasoned guy alike
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peterrum3 View Post
    I am having trouble tuning my bow right now since it was in storage for 5 years, or maybe its just my old eyes. Whatever you could provide would be welcome.
    If your bow was stored for a long period of time and now you are having trouble tuning it up - I'd look hard at the wheel/cam/limb alignment. Might be just a little bit twisted or warped.

I'm putting together a "Basic Bow Tuning Guide" and I thought that I'd test the waters for interest. It's just a few things that I've done, read, and learned over the years.

It'll be finished in a day or two and I'll post it up for jabs, jeers, and comments.

vancouver island for now .. soon on a peice of paridise in quesnel

looking forward to it

Bow Walker Guest

Well, the thing turned out to be more than 10 pages long, also has a bunch of pics in it.

Way too long to post.

So if anyone wants it just give me an email and I'll send it to you for the usual charge.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 01-19-2010 at 06:45 PM.