Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camo help

Camo help

I bought a camo hunting jacket not to long ago, and now I am looking for pants. But the problem is I dont know what type of camo it is.

It has green and brown leaves with branches/trees in the background.

It is not mossy oak. Please help, I would hate to go out and buy a whole new set.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camo help

Sounds close to my advantage timber.. but would have to hold them side to side to be sure.. or post a picture of it on here..

Is camo a fashion statement? I dont think the animals care. I have 2 jackets and 2 pairs of pants all different. Look along the seems and coller carefully, if it a big brand it will say.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

I was thinking advantage timber aswell, ill try and get a picture up.

Ozone - I know, but it would be good to have a set as close as possible to the same pattern.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The pattern that i have is Advantage timber, now to get some pants.

Thanks all for your help.
    Last edited by CanAm500; 02-11-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got my advantage timber jacket and pants on ebay for under 100 bucks shipped...

If you wear a fashion camouflage like Realtree (Antvantage) and Mossy Oak, you are actually better of to wear two slightly different patterns, one on top the other bottom. Fashion Camouflage tends to be much to dark animals actually can see you as big black blob sitting or walking. You can counteract that fact by using different patterns.
    Of course it would be best to buy a camo pattern designed to fool an animals vision and not one designed for hunter appeal.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Im going to order some pants from wholesale sports, dad needs a pair aswell. We are going to order either hardwoods or advantage timber.
    Si vis pacem para bellum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Johnston hardware has a bunch of camo on there closing blowout sale. You might want to check them out. Mad dog and Thermoking mostly. Some of it was Advantage timber if I recall.

Of course it would be best to buy a camo pattern designed to fool an animals vision and not one designed for hunter appeal
    I agree. Besides, the Advantage and Hardwoods forests of BC have long gone extinct, so does pattern really matter ??