Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camo??

Camo??

Help! I want to buy some camo clothing (jacket and pants) and am not sure what pattern is best for the Vancouver Island area. Doe's anyone have a favorite. Realtree brown??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camo??

here is a awesome site for camo I just got one and they are wicked, talk about disapear into the woods! www.spobow.com

Ronyn makes fairly nice waterproof fleece camo. I have a set of the realtree brown and it would work just fine anywhere on the island.

I think I paid $170 CAD for the complete set on eBay. I actually chatted with the owner over the phone about possibly marketing the camo online. He is a really nice guy and they have put a lot of work into the line.

It's worth checking out. www.ronyn.com

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

Thanks Bigwhiteys I'm looking at ronynwear also. Realtree brown looks like the one to go with.

Bowsitter,

No problem. It really is great camo. I went with a bomber jacket but would have probably preferred the parka instead.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl

I find that the old standby woodland camo works well in pretty much any outdoors situation. The stuff with trees and leaves and junk printed on it tends to (in my opinion) be kinda poor, because the fine detail and similar colours all bleed together in the eyes from more than 20 or 30 yards away and you look just like a person again.
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32

Not with Spobow ASAT Camo You disapear into the woods or what ever the country you are hunting.. www.spobow.com check it out! you won't be disapointed ...... I wasn't

All I've got is the realtree camo that you get from Wal-mart. Last fall when we went to Texada Island, I was sitting beside a stump by a stand of trees when a doe came out of the tree line on the other side and was close enough for me to touch with the end of my rifle as it fed on some grass. So I think the key is staying motionless when you have to. The deer had a real hard look at me from close range but didn't know what she was looking at, the ony time she spooked at all was when I blinked. I had no head covering except for a camo ball cap. So if you can't afford the big $ sent blocker camo, give the cheaper stuff a try. Wal-mart almost gives the stuff away at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys
    Bowsitter,

No problem. It really is great camo. I went with a bomber jacket but would have probably preferred the parka instead.

Happy Hunting!
    Carl
    I got one of their jacket in "advantage ", and am thinking of getting pants in the fall.
    "Hunting" is selective harvesting of organically grown, free ranging meat, achieved by placing a good bullet in a vital spot. !!!

PSE_Venom you found a good website. ASAT is the very best camouflage there is period.

I am not getting paid to endorse ASAT but you can buy the ASAT 3-D Suit, it's light and you can wear what ever clothing the weather demands under it. The suit is only about US$ 120.00 and is all you ever will need. I have my suit for over 10 years now, wear it and wash it almost every of the hunting season and still looks good as new.

Here I leave you with a link to the ASAT website: http://www.asatcamo.com/

Here you can read my independent camouflage research I did four years ago: http://www.asatcamo.com/Proper_Camouflage.htm

I use to wear Realtree and Mossy Oak (fashion camouflage). Then I found ASAT and Predator and I knew I have found the perfect pattern the moment I looked at it. ASAT and Predator works everywhere and anytime. I wouldn't wear another camouflage pattern if I would get paid for it.
    Last edited by huntwriter; 02-11-2006 at 08:54 PM.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"