Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whisker buskuit

whisker buskuit

Hi there, do the same rules apply for adjusting my bow with a WB rest. Iam getting a tail high reading on a paper test. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: whisker buskuit

The reason I ask is I have read a few threads that say a high nocking point is better for WB tuneing.
    My bow seemed pretty tuned doing the walkback tuning.
    I built an arrow spinner and am picking up the G5 insert squaring tool today.
    Once in a while I do notice my arrow leaves the bow tail high, not sure if it is bad form or tuneing. Thanks

Bow Walker Guest

I'm assuming that the WB is the right size for your shafts? Not too tight or too sloppy?

I've always done a level nocking point when shooting with a release - it just propels the arrow straighter as it leaves the bow. In other words, it doesn't impart either a downward nor an upward characteristic to the arrow flight as it is trying to stabilize within the first 5 yards of the shot.

There is enough force(s) for the fletching to overcome, and to get the arrow spinning, I don't like introducing a different type of torque to the dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    I'm assuming that the WB is the right size for your shafts? Not too tight or too sloppy?

I've always done a level nocking point when shooting with a release - it just propels the arrow straighter as it leaves the bow. In other words, it doesn't impart either a downward nor an upward characteristic to the arrow flight as it is trying to stabilize within the first 5 yards of the shot.

There is enough force(s) for the fletching to overcome, and to get the arrow spinning, I don't like introducing a different type of torque to the dynamics.
    YUP, what he said Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Bow Walker Guest

Hiya Mike! Merry Yuletide Greetings of the Politically Correct Kind!!

hI , WELL did some tinkering but my results were the same, Bh still 3 inches lower than FP, I am wondering if the rest is bumping the tail of the arrow up when it leaves the bow, the field point recovers quickly but the broadhead can't.

A whisker bisquit well expose bad form. its quit likely you are droping your bow before the fletches are getting to the bisquit.

Dan, none of that Politically correct crap! Merry Christmas buddy. and if none of the Muslims, Buddists, Maoists,and any other group don't like it they can go back where they came from. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Hey Westhoyt , I don`t know a damn thing of what you are talking about (OT can vouch for that). If your problem persists could you bow`s timing be out .
    With ONE inch of snow here and -3 I have to keep moving and posting !!!!
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Probably a mute point but make sure you are shooting cock vane up as wb's are designed to shoot that way.
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!