Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you carry your gear in?

What do you carry your gear in?

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is have a great new years so far.
    I working on my sleep deprevation with a new baby .

Anyways,

I was just wondering what all of you use to carry your gear while day hunting?

I typically still or groundstand hunt and I've been using a cargo bag style backpack. I does hold alot of stuff but is very uncomfortable. I also find that when I have it setup somewhat comfortable for walking that I becomes hard to shoot off hand. I feel like I can't get the butt of the gun in a good place on my shoulder and the eye relief is off.

I'm not really looking for something big like a extenal frame pack but something medium sized.

I guess a good soundless material would not hurt.

All recommendations are welcome

YB

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What do you carry your gear in?

I use my 4x4. Then when I get to where I'm going, It's hanging off of my belt.I can't walk far now, so the backpack is a thing of the past.

i use a camo back pack waterproof made by winchester its nice and the straps are really patted so i put the but of my gun on them to shoot takes a bit of recoil out of the whole matter
    if im not hunting im fishing if im not fishing im hunting if im not hunting or fishing........im dead

i use a camo pack to got it from a the powder keg in merritt water proof as well and quiet as its a fleecy material and the straps are comfortable and nicely padded....

to bad about ur sleep deprivation but i bet its all worth it
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

I use a fanny pack made by Field Line for all my knick knacks like knives, matches, compass and calls. In addition to that, for longer ventures like a day trip, I use a cheap Wal-mart backpack that is black. It carries my lunch, jacket, warm gloves etc. When I go hunting for the day, I like to still hunt to a good vantage point and sit and wait, then move to another vantage and do the same. So for me on day hunts pack comfort isn't as big of a deal.

RO

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter
    I use a fanny pack made by Field Line for all my knick knacks like knives, matches, compass and calls. In addition to that, for longer ventures like a day trip, I use a cheap Wal-mart backpack that is black. It carries my lunch, jacket, warm gloves etc. When I go hunting for the day, I like to still hunt to a good vantage point and sit and wait, then move to another vantage and do the same. So for me on day hunts pack comfort isn't as big of a deal.

RO
    My hunts are very much the same but I've jumped deer or tried to sneak up on deer but the damb rifle would not should properly.

The problem is obviously having the pack secure so that it does not feel like it is falling off and yet easy to shoulder the rifle.

I got a camo fanny pack from cabelas last summer and hold all I need and more. Its got outter straps to hold a jacket and a water bottle. I dont now how i got along without it for so long. It will hold a 12" subway sub easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

When Im out huntin, I usually have my stuff in a cheap, water proof camo back pack that I got in Calgary for cheap $$$...It does the job, except when I see somethin, and rasie my rifle and am ready to shoot, the strap on my shooting shoulder gets int he way, and kinda messes things up you know... But its a good back pack anyway, no complaints here...
    Cliff

I use a surveyors vest. Lots of pockets for all your gear and a big zipper one in the back for bigger stuff. Its nice cause it distributes the weight across your whole shoulder area, and doesn't get in the way.
    red neck pick up lines:
    do you have a library card, cause I'd like to sign you out.
    if Yer gonna regret this in the morning, we can sleep til the afternoon
    You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a light switch away.
    Your eyes are as blue as window cleaner

I use a backpack from a mountianeering store.

It has thick padded straps, which aids in comfort, but it does get in the way if you have to make aquick shot. However, since most quick shots are relatively close, it's not too bad, if you see something far away, you shoudl have some time to ditcht he pack.

When I go out for the day, I often prepare for if I have to spend the night out, (happened a couple of times before) so I pack a litle havier sometimes.

One good trick when going over rough terrain is to take the upper cross strap/buckle, (which holds the straps in place across your chest) and snap your rifle strap into your right side, and maybe even your binos into the left side. Keeps things from banging around.

FOr longer trips, or if I am going somewhere where I think I may need to pack out a animal, I have my bull pac. Heavy, but comfy.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!