Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Old Warrior Blacktail !!

Monster Old Warrior Blacktail !!

Well......what a day , here's a short story on a blacktail I have to share with my fellow BT enthusiasts !!
    Last fall I had one tag left and was looking for a 'certain buck' that might have over 160" on his bean. I ran into a monster old 2 point wich was for sure the largest er 2nd largest BT I have ever seen. I video taped him and let him go all the while WHISHING I hadnt shot the previous buck a week earlier so I could have shot the old monster.
    Anyway , today was 'hell' with weather..dumping snow nasty nasty...PERFECT!!....went out again , sign was picking up ect ect and the other day I had noticed a ' LARGE' print showing in my honey hole
    I snuck in early with a headlamp and started still hunting up...WAYY UP...ran into a nice 5X5 that was chasing a doe , but he wasnt what I was looking for ( so I put a bow on it and wrapped it for Bartel).
    I moved onward and upward and cut a fresh track with an accompanying rub wich was real fresh!!!! He was steadily walking up the mountain with what looked to be one doe....maybe an hr into it THERE HE WAS! maybe 20 yrds away and just standing in chest deep snow behind a feeding doe.
    I looked him over and realised it was the massive 2 point from last yr..but maybe 3 miles from where I taped him .
    I decided to shoot him!!..( wasnt a hard decision) ..and as well was going to shoot him on video...got the camera out turned it on...BATTERY ON CHARGE IN THE FRIKKIN KITCHEN !!!!!...anyway , burped at him , he turned to face , dropped him with the ol TSX 243..
    I am not about the record book and have never entered anything in them ( to each their own)..and although this buck wouldnt be overall freindly with ' The Tape-measure' this buck is about as good as it gets for me and blackys..he's frikkin HUGE..havent measured the bases on his rack but they are incredible and I'll bet he was 250lbs on the hoof!!..went down hill a little more from last yr but still a very wild lookin old buck...I can only hope he spread his great gene's lots before I harvested him...for me personally finding a major OLD blacktail is as good a feeling as hunting is gonna get for me!!!!!!
    hope you 'blacktail freaks' enjoy!!....pics in a few.
    Last edited by proguide66; 11-15-2009 at 04:16 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Monster Old Warrior Blacktail !!

oh man,,i can hardly wait...

K its been a few lets see em!!!

hope you 'blacktail freaks' enjoy!!....pics in a few.

few minutes?
    few hours?
    few days?

Glad you connected, cant wait to see the pics
    Sounds like a nice place, gates buck, this one and maybe another for Bartel ? The blacktail Gods are smiling on you
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

A few have passed......lets get those pics up. You're KILLING US !!!!!

This is cruel and unusual punishment to say the least.

Awesome proguide! Can't wait for the pics.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

I cant wait any longer, I have to go pee.

pictures damn it.......this is killing me.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.