Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ptarmigan hunt.. maybe

ptarmigan hunt.. maybe

New to the Trail Area and looking to shoot my first ptarmigan, thinking of taking a day walk on top of the Kootany pass, is it any good up there? And can I hunt that little park I see there on the right?
    Any advice would be appreciated

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ptarmigan hunt.. maybe

Have fun Chuckers are a great game bird....

Just a word of caution.. Its generally (ever?) not permited to hunt in parks..

went all the way there no birds, some tracks... there was a foot of snow on the ground at the top. Couple of cariboo running around checked the regs on this area and hunting is allowed for grouse

Quote Originally Posted by Boombb View Post
    You can hunt in some Provincial Parks, you just need to check the regulations against the names of the Provincial Parks that allow hunting durring lawfull hunting seasons.
    As the first poster didnt mention if it was a provincial park or a city park I can not say for certain if it is open, suffice to say check the regs. and then check them again.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by humanhound View Post
    went all the way there no birds, some tracks... there was a foot of snow on the ground at the top. Couple of cariboo running around checked the regs on this area and hunting is allowed for grouse
    I am not sure that Stagleap is open to hunting and the area behind it is a no shooting area. I could not find Stagleap in the open section of Parks...You better call the CO.

Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Boombb View Post
    Have fun Chuckers are a great game bird....

Howdy:

Just for your information chukars are completely different from grouse.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    I am not sure that Stagleap is open to hunting and the area behind it is a no shooting area. I could not find Stagleap in the open section of Parks...You better call the CO.

Palmer
    OR you can look it up yourself lol http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...kpgs/stagleap/

yes hunting is allowed there during a lawful hunting season.

looking for info on where to find chukars in the Kamloops area and Keremeos area.

Quote Originally Posted by chukar bob View Post
    Howdy:

Just for your information chukars are completely different from grouse.
    and grouse are different than chukars and ptarmigan.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

i have the exact answer i was sheep hunting there and was glassing from the highway when approached by a co the answer for me was yes u can and he said no after a heated debat and further research we were both righ if u go to the actal park website it says yes it is open to hunting if u go to the web site in the hunting regs and click on the list of parks that u are able to hunt it is not listed so i wouldent be huntign there any more i ruined it for everybody and got sombody at the parks in a lot of trouble just glad i didnt shoot my ram in the park