Thread: hunting trip

hunting trip

going to rock creek with my cousin and a couple of his buddies on the 9th, should be a blast never been there before , hoping to get a nice buck. Do any of u guys know if there are more muleys or whitetails there
    Gold Bond Application Artist

2. Site Sponsor

Re: hunting trip

Quote Originally Posted by 3006pg View Post
    Do any of u guys know if there are more muleys or whitetails there
    Lot and lots of both species. depends on where your hunting in Rock ck..
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

I will be out there around the same time(still talking the day over with my hunting partner)I have WT doe draw so I will be targeting WT. I will be in 8-14 and I do know the area well and could help you out if you let me know were you are thinking of heading. As for more WT or mule it all depends on were you choose to go but I would pack both tags as you stand a good chance of seeing both.

ya ive got both tags definatley know there is both there i was just wondering what my odds were on seein a nice whitetail
    Gold Bond Application Artist

Sounds like Rock Creek is gonna be a popular place we're goin' over Thanksgiving. Thinking about making camp at Conkle Lake, if we can get a spot it's my understanding that's a pretty popular campsite (our first time in Rock Creek too). Best of luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by 3006pg View Post
    ya ive got both tags definatley know there is both there i was just wondering what my odds were on seein a nice whitetail
    You SHOULD see a number of 3 & 4 points. Maybe some 5 points. You will need to hunt hard/walk lots to get on to a good WT.

As far as MD go up high and glass for a good one. Little guys should be almost as easy as little WT.

Have fun.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Lots of dear and elk around Rock Creek , even the odd moose. Get off the roads and into the bush. I'm heading up this Friday. Last year i took a three point mule deer and had a five point elk in my sights. Lots of yotes to shoot at , so have fun and be safe.

If you know were to sit and then you stand a good chance of seeing a nice WT. If you drive around with the crowd odds are all you will see is doe's and maybe a small buck. If a nice WT is your goal with out knowing the area odds are not in your favour that time of year. The rut in there can be deadly and you don't need to know the area as well. I will put it plane and simple if you want a hand I am offering all I need is the general area you are planning on hunting.

Hey Axeman,

You wont have a problem getting a spot @ Conkle.... Lots of spots and not that popular in the fall time. A very beautiful place to be with all the larch and deciduous turning yellow. It is a treat!

Good luck.

MCA

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Sounds like Rock Creek is gonna be a popular place we're goin' over Thanksgiving. Thinking about making camp at Conkle Lake, if we can get a spot it's my understanding that's a pretty popular campsite (our first time in Rock Creek too). Best of luck all.