Thread: Bit of Fur N' Feather

Bit of Fur N' Feather

Well headed out to the outlaws place for the weekend, as I wanted to hit up a couple of my grouse covers that usually produce for me. The birds seemed to to be fairly broken up , for the most part I was just bumping singles. I only found one family covey of three birds, and the youngster was likely from a second hatch as it was a little smaller than a chukar. I did manage to bag my first snowshoe hare ever, which was cool 'cause I usually only ever see them running off the road when I'm heading out of the bush. Two things I learned this weekend. First I really need to get a bird dog, as bird hunting isn't quite the same without one. Second rabbits are really easy to skin and worth while shooting

Best of luck to all, and don't forget to share your success. Even small game can be a lot of fun if you don't have time to get out for big game
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bit of Fur N' Feather

Nicely done! Rabbit is fanfreakintastic. I just wish they would stay around a little longer...

nice pics, love those wabitts!!! always good to have a grouse in the pot as well. some of the best times are walking down the trail after upland game,kind of makes you slow down and enjoy the season!

Sounds like you had a good time, thats what its all about. Small game hunting is just as fun as big game hunting. I shot my first rabbit about a week ago. It was in a stew within an hour of killing it. Best stew I ever had.

I would have to agree with you guys. Small game hunting is fun and relaxing. I almost forgot how much fun can be had when a guy isn't always so serious
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"