Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: crossbows

crossbows

I am looking at crossbows and the local shop has the Barnett wildcat C5 for 399 whilst BP Canada has them for 349.
    now when you factor in the shipping but you dont pay pst it is cheaper but not a huge amount and local is nicer to shop most of the time. ( i am guessing bass pro CA is canadian funds)

That aside i notice that bass pro also has the quad 400 package for $369 . is this a big step up in cross bow value? i dont think anything local is near that price but i am checking. anyone order from bass pro canada before?
    Last edited by Barracuda; 08-27-2009 at 03:42 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    anyone order from bass pro canada before?
    2 years ago I ordered broadheads from them.....worked out well.

I know Cabelas/SIR has crossbows and a place I got my compound in the states huntersfriend.com they were great to deal with.

I recommend buying local. You can not beat face to face interaction if you should have any issues with the product. If you do buy local and have issues go back right away and make your issues known, I waited to long as buying local still was 2.5 hr drive and had to take a hit on a problem with my scope as I did not bring it back right away. I waited over the winter and took it back in the summer. Omineca Source for Sports in Vanderhoof did a great job fixing my issues and gave me a great price on a replacement scope. I will buy from them again. Research before you buy, make sure you know what is available and what you want.
    Son of a Birch,, Life time BC resident hunter.

Have you looked at the Excaliber's? More money but low maintainance. I like mine and never had a problem with it.

Why not check out some of the sponsers of this site? I also like my excalibur.

I like my Tenpoint, but I'd buy an Excalibur. With crossbows you get what you pay for.

Ya, I shot my buddies 10 point and I liked it too, but the pulley's and stuff scared me off, thats just me though.

Bow Walker Guest

Check out Grouse River - they're having a sale for a while.

they dont carry Barnett. if they were to match Bass pro i might try them but i would be paying for pst and shipping HMMMM

i dont mind ordering too much as i have found the lower mainland store i have been happiest with service wise has always been reliable and that is a day trip into vancouver for me .

the local store in town is fine but service is average and stock is whatever the main distributer is flogging like several of the mainland stores (same flyers are even used but with the different store names which is tacky).
    They still havnt gotten back to me on the quad 400 package . they did have the excaliber for $550 but that is higher then i want to pay for that product at this time but i am tempted but it is just for the bow and not the whole package

as for the "get what you pay for" saying ,

well that is a fantastic saying --- for the salesman
    Last edited by Barracuda; 08-27-2009 at 09:26 PM.

I'm shooting the barrnett revolution its not to bad, WSS has it for $439 right now on the web, not a bad cross bow for the price, I am hoping to use mine this year.