Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning your bow...

Bow Walker Guest

Tuning your bow...

Hi,
    I've been re-tuning my hunting bow and it's amazing how a seemingly minor thing can have a huge affect on accuracy. Something a inconsequential as a different release can really affect the P.O.I., whether it be field tips or broadheads.

Another thing is where your center-shot is set up. Everyone is different. What works for someone else might not necessarily work for you - even if the center-shot looks to be set properly.

That's part of the reason that i love this sport - it's so individualistic. Just setting center-shot and the nocking point is only the beginning of tuning your equipment for your personal shooting style. Great fun.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tuning your bow...

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Hi,
    I've been re-tuning my hunting bow and it's amazing how a seemingly minor thing can have a huge affect on accuracy. Something a inconsequential as a different release can really affect the P.O.I., whether it be field tips or broadheads.

Another thing is where your center-shot is set up. Everyone is different. What works for someone else might not necessarily work for you - even if the center-shot looks to be set properly.

That's part of the reason that i love this sport - it's so individualistic. Just setting center-shot and the nocking point is only the beginning of tuning your equipment for your personal shooting style. Great fun.
    Great points Bow-walker

Salmon Arm had a great 40 target 3D shoot this weekend

Do you want to get into Node Tuning your arrows, Tiller tuning, Creep tuning .... there is hardly enogh bandwidth on this site to get into all that stuff
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

I've read a lot about Node tuning but haven't tried it - yet. Although I might just do that, being the 'mad tinker-er' that I am....

it goes against alot of conventional thinking on the 3D circut But I have personally witnessed groups tighten up after a few days of node tuning
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

OK what is node tuning? If iys too in depth to tell me can you direct me to a good site to read up on it please?
    Steve
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Our lives seem so complex... I strive to eschew compounded confounded bows and gravitate to the traditional! "Hunt Hard - Hunt Traditional, Take the Journey!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by bochunk2000 View Post
    OK what is node tuning? If iys too in depth to tell me can you direct me to a good site to read up on it please?
    Steve

here is a good discussion on Nodes of an arrow

most musically inclined people will pick up the concept right away ... others will have a BS meter going off for a while
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...highlight=node

click on the links that it will take you as well ... very informative
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 05-25-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Our lives seem so complex... I strive to eschew compounded confounded bows and gravitate to the traditional! "Hunt Hard - Hunt Traditional, Take the Journey!!

Trad bows should pay much more attention to Arrow Nodes than compound guys as it effects them moreso than confounded compounds ... remember we compound guys still have our training wheels on
    A true Archery Nut

How much tuning do you need to stick an arrow through a deers lungs at 20 yards. If you want to tinker fine but............don't tell me about nerd tuning to kill a deer. I agree with Hermit. If you want to tinker go ahead, you just don't need it.