Thread: First Turkey hunt

First Turkey hunt

We went to the Christina lake area and there were some turkeys there but very restricted as to where you could hunt, will go a little further to where there is less private land. Day number three I was sitting by the fire having a cigar and my boys and I were getting ready to go and set up for the evening and I had 1/2 hour so I grabbed my fly rod and walked down to the kettle river. Well after 45 min and 3 three pound rainbows and around 20 white fish my first turkey hunt became my first fishing trip of the year, i spent the next two days fishing and we had a great time together. Next year for turkey we will most likely try Fort Steel, but we will stop by my fishing hole for at least one day.

I would like to thank all the hunters here that gave me some advice on where to go and how to turkey hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First Turkey hunt

Lots of Turkeys on Crown land here. I am not sure where you were looking but if you come again let me know and i will pass along some FSR that have lots of Turkeys.

sfire436 Guest

Re: First Turkey hunt

We connected with a jake there, sad to say I could not catch a rainbow for the life of me from the kettle though!