Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fraser Sturgeon Thread.

The Fraser Sturgeon Thread.

Its getting pretty good out there. tied into 7 or 8 this morning with this guy being the biggest, but not by much. All and all a good day. Found a nice hole and had the first fish on before the second rod was rigged up. Fish were hitting about every 20 minutes.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Fraser Sturgeon Thread.

Good go !!!
    I used to fish the mouth by the airport when I lived on the coast. A buddy and I did very well there , the biggest I caught was 8 feet !! I remember that cause we used the plywood from the box of his truck to lift it in , he pickled the sturge and believe it or not , the bottom feeders were very tasty !! Nice job there , any more pix , I'll try and find mine............

I always thought they were a protected species...?

Quote Originally Posted by RJohnston View Post
    Cant eat them anymore, just catch and release
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Barbless Hooks and C and R only...I really don't know if I'd want to eat something that been sitting in the fraser for 30+ years anyways. Probably has a fair share of pollutants in the meat.

I know you can catch and release, but ruger4 was talking about pickling them...

Nice fish there! Had a nice one on yesterday... stuck his nose to the bottom for about 10 min.! finally moved after we pulled anchor to drift down to him! Great fight, my brother just came to visit from Ont. and couldn't believe the power of these fish! That was a mere 6+ft'er.

I'm not 100% on this, but i believe you were allowed to keep Sturgies on the Fraser up until 94. Now its a mandatory C and R.

They are now and have been for years , fishing them back in the day was in the early 80's. Mid 90's (93-94) it changed to catch and release only

1995 changed to catch and release