Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats needed to hunt alberta ?

whats needed to hunt alberta ?

what is needed and where are we from bc allowed to hunt in alberta for whitey's . ive lived in bc all my life and never had the chance to do an alberta hunt and would love to take my kids there for a deer hunt, can anyone help us out? with info please

2. Site Sponsor

Re: whats needed to hunt alberta ?

are you looking for a TROPHY hunt in particular Alberta Zone or just to hunt whitetails?
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

Just a Hunter Host. Resi of AB. Did it last year for the first time with brother. Very easy process. First need to get WIN number/ card. (Wildlife Identification Number). About $10, then can get Non-resi license (about $30) and WT tag (about$122), IIRC.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
    Last edited by whitetailsheds; 04-19-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

For a whitey, you're into about $200 for everything whitetailsheds mentioned. Tags are where they get ya, nothing less than about $120, but if I remember their waterfowl licenses are dirt cheap, and it would be hard to beat an early season waterfowl hunt over a good pea field. The fee for a Hunter Host is $26 if I remember right.

I hunted Sask. last year.
    Very easy,ordered lisc. on-line,and no host was required.
    Very hunter friendly province.

i do beleive you have to get yer W.I.N # in alberta. i don't think you can gettem over the computer or mail ( i may be wrong )if you don't have a host you gotta move there to hunt.. (get yer antelope draw in it takes 5 to 7 yrs to get at this point) well worth it. tags are rape.$$$ but again well worth it.

any ideas where to go ? grande prarrie maybe? i dunno i know i wanna go bad lol i worked in cold lake for a year there was mad mulies and whitey's there but had no time to hunt them and the people didnt seem overly friendly about us bcer's there. and i was told i could go to the local post office here for my w,i,n card is that true ?

I have a WIN card on its way. $8.40 done deal. now just waiting for there LEH's to come out. You need to have a resident of Alta to be with you when hunting. www.albertarelm.com will give you all the info you need..Good luck....Dan
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Hey born2, wt's are all over in AB. Yes, GP has some good areas, as does Slave Lake. Athabasca. My old stomping grounds of west central AB, Rimbey/ Medicine Lake/ Rocky Mtn House. One factor would be where your Hunter Host is familiar with.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

im pretty sure people from BC can go hunt in alberta for the last week of the season? late november or something.
    my family is planning on doing this but we have no idea on where in the province to go, if anyone could lead us in some direction it would be great??