Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first grey squirrel

first grey squirrel

got my first grey squirrel today. had my son along with me 3 years old. would have had several more but due to many dog walkers. and not being able to see through the thick brush to check for clear shooting lane i had to pass on all shots except 1 . 16 ga performed well. pics to follow.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

2. Site Sponsor

Re: first grey squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by kyleklassen@live.ca View Post
    Looks like a great hunter. My 4 year old brother has the same gun. WOW... WHAT A KICK IT GIVES eh!

he's lost all the shells but it still smokes when you crack it.

Awwww! Your son looks so cool there with his squirrel
    and his cannon. My son is 5 and I've already taken him out
    hunting with me, we've shot some grouse and a muley buck
    together, so far... I took a picture of him with the grouse he
    "retrieved" for me in one hand, and a 12 gauge in the other,
    in front of my quad. He looks pretty cool too. Way to go,
    for bringing your lil' guy out with you!
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Nice job on taking out the little guy... Moments like this that are worth millions!!

my quick question though is other than target practice..... what are grey squirrels good for?

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    my quick question though is other than target practice..... what are grey squirrels good for?

What are they good for?

My Brother-in-Law has to travel all over for his job. He was in a tiny, backwater town visiting a plant in the southern states a few years ago.

He stopped at a small local restaurant for supper and asked at the counter "..what was good" ? " Brunswick stew" was the answer. So that's what he ordered and it was good.

While he was eating, a kid about ten years old, came in with a bag and showed the man at the counter. The man gave the kid some change from the cash register and took two squirrels out of the bag. More Brunswick stew on the way.

I shot and ate many as a kid in Ontario. My mom wouldn't eat them, 'cause she said they looked too much like rats. My dad wouldn't eat them 'cause he ate way too many of them growing up poor.

I have the 22 that my dad, now 83, used as a kid to kill squirrels for the pot.

Thanks for reminding me of good times gone by.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Great picture. I sure miss squirrel hunting up here, they make awesome stew. Especially the ones that feed on hazel-,walnuts, grain and corn.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

What are they good for?

My Brother-in-Law has to travel all over for his job. He was in a tiny, backwater town visiting a plant in the southern states a few years ago.

He stopped at a small local restaurant for supper and asked at the counter "..what was good" ? " Brunswick stew" was the answer. So that's what he ordered and it was good.

While he was eating, a kid about ten years old, came in with a bag and showed the man at the counter. The man gave the kid some change from the cash register and took two squirrels out of the bag. More Brunswick stew on the way.

I shot and ate many as a kid in Ontario. My mom wouldn't eat them, 'cause she said they looked too much like rats. My dad wouldn't eat them 'cause he ate way too many of them growing up poor.

I have the 22 that my dad, now 83, used as a kid to kill squirrels for the pot.

Thanks for reminding me of good times gone by.

hmm after all i guess all they eat is vegetation... very similiar to rabbit