Thread: Random SAR Pics

SAR Pics

Here are some pics and a parachuting video from work I thought Id share. Enjoy.

VIDEO- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bruij...e=channel_page

Last edited by Ciskman; 02-18-2009 at 12:44 AM.
    The shoulder thing that goes up...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Random SAR Pics

Now that's a great job!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Bow Walker Guest

Great pics Ciskman. Rewarding job to. I used to do a lot of diving anywhere between Ladysmith and Parksville. I often used the twin tanks as well but found that my back was getting sore after a while - had to stop

Awesome pics, love the jumping video clip, some rough landings in there! I got my name on the list to the local SAR, cant wait, looks like a blast!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

You know that BC doesn't have any Blaze Orange requirements, right?

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Now you just need to figure out how to get that Cormorant to drop you in the Alpine with your rifle during hunting season????

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Great pics Ciskman. Rewarding job to. I used to do a lot of diving anywhere between Ladysmith and Parksville. I often used the twin tanks as well but found that my back was getting sore after a while - had to stop
    We only dove those twin 80's for our dive course at FDU. Operationaly we dive 100's. And your right they are bloody heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Awesome pics, love the jumping video clip, some rough landings in there! I got my name on the list to the local SAR, cant wait, looks like a blast!
    Thats great Mark. Whats the SAR unit called? We often will set up training with civilian SAR groups. Its great to train with other agencies as when the real thing happens you never know who you'll be working with. Once you get in let me know and maybe we can set something up on on of our long range trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Now you just need to figure out how to get that Cormorant to drop you in the Alpine with your rifle during hunting season????

I wish! You'd be suprised what you get to see from up top. Ive see a lot of good elk spots

Quote Originally Posted by Ciskman View Post
    We only dove those twin 80's for our dive course at FDU. Operationaly we dive 100's. And your right they are bloody heavy!

Thats great Mark. Whats the SAR unit called? We often will set up training with civilian SAR groups. Its great to train with other agencies as when the real thing happens you never know who you'll be working with. Once you get in let me know and maybe we can set something up on on of our long range trainers.
    Just a local volunteer SAR group I applied for, just missed the boat for this years trainees, on the list for next year.
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I'm a member of the CGA unit 1 out of Howe Sound. We've had a few SAR calls and it's a huge releif when we hear the Cormorant come in a help out!

Thanx for the pics and the great video. Good to see that the CG is coming out with some videos for the public to see! Check out CG tribute video, it's another good one.

Hope the pic works. Here's out RIB the one with the yellow cabin

First--Know the land-know your prey.