Thread: Where to hunt boars in alberta?

Where to hunt boars in alberta?

Me and my dad wanted to take a trip to Alberta to hunt wild boars, we were thinking of heading around Mayerthorpe and was wondering if any of you can suggest any other areas or if this is a good area to hunt, if you can could you give us some phone numbers of farmers in the area that would allow us to hunt on their property.
    " Many a child travels this high to be different, trying to get something from the mountain that nature couldn't give him down below"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to hunt boars in alberta?

Southern Alberta has 'em too... around strathmore, standard and rosebud areas. Sorry no contacts but I could ask a few friends who have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt View Post
    Me and my dad wanted to take a trip to Alberta to hunt wild boars, we were thinking of heading around Mayerthorpe and was wondering if any of you can suggest any other areas or if this is a good area to hunt, if you can could you give us some phone numbers of farmers in the area that would allow us to hunt on their property.
    check on "ALBERTA OUTDOORSMEN FORUM" I think there is a sponsor on that site for wild boar hunts, good luck

www outdoorsman forum.ca
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

waste of time...
    Landowners wont give you permission also too few animals and even less information is being shared in the public.
    Better to just go coyote hunting !

Talking Re: Where to hunt boars in alberta?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaAl View Post
    waste of time...
    Landowners wont give you permission also too few animals and even less information is being shared in the public.
    Better to just go coyote hunting !
    You must be a VERY influential fellow as you can speak for ALL the land
    owners in ALBERTA , SORRY to tell you there are ranches that allow wild boar hunting and others that raise them for that specific purpose
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

CJ-Jim Guest

You have a PM
    THKS Jim