Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Lenght Chart

Draw Lenght Chart

Here is a Draw Length Chart, That May help if there trying to figure out their Draw Length. I Hope It Helps some Measure the wing span, Finger tip to Finger tip Across the rear of the shoulders
    Ruler Length Inches- Draw Length
    50- 20
    55 -22
    57 - 22.8
    58- 23.2
    59- 23.6
    60 -24
    61 -24.4
    62 -24.8
    63 - 25.2
    64 - 25.6
    65- 26
    67 - 26.8
    68- 27.2
    69 - 27.6
    70- 28
    71- 28.4
    72- 28.8
    73- 29.2
    74 -29.6
    75- 30
    76- 30.4
    77- 30.8
    78- 31.2
    79- 31.6
    80- 32
    81- 32.4
    82 - 32.8
    83 - 33.2
    Last edited by Bigbear; 01-23-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Wrong format
    My worst day of Hunting is better than my best day at Work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Draw Lenght Chart

for those of you that are reading this your draw length is measured by arm length wide open finger tip to finger tip. then it is divided by 2.5

Bow Walker Guest

This will get you "in the ballpark" alright. Then it's time to fine tune for complete comfort, repeatability, and accuracy.

found it to be fairly accurate. its bang on the money for me.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Bow Walker Guest

My 'fine tuning' was only .5" - but it was critical to a good, comfortable shooting form - for me, that is.

I was too long and was getting a sore back/neck after a couple hours. Gone now.

Sorry for reviving an old thread. Ive been bow hunting for years but know supprisingly little about the tech side. Anyways I am buying a new bow and am wondering if draw length is adustable or is what you get what you get. Also How can I tell what my current bow draw length is set at. Thanks
    The shoulder thing that goes up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciskman View Post
    Sorry for reviving an old thread. Ive been bow hunting for years but know supprisingly little about the tech side. Anyways I am buying a new bow and am wondering if draw length is adustable or is what you get what you get. Also How can I tell what my current bow draw length is set at. Thanks

depends on which bow you buy. theres some adjustable and others that are draw length specific.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

yep ... some bome bows (like the new Bowtechs) have up to 6 or 7 inches of travel ...others have around 3 ..some have no travel at all
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Bow Walker Guest

Reviving an olde thread? The only threads that get olde are the ones that todbartell and gatehouse frequent.

What bow are you getting? It will tell you, in the specs for the bow, what the draw length parameters are. As has been said - some are very adjustable, some not so much. Usually there is about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch adjustment, but that's about all. Most bows these days (new ones) are pretty much "draw-length-specific".

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Reviving an olde thread? The only threads that get olde are the ones that todbartell and gatehouse frequent.

What bow are you getting? It will tell you, in the specs for the bow, what the draw length parameters are. As has been said - some are very adjustable, some not so much. Usually there is about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch adjustment, but that's about all. Most bows these days (new ones) are pretty much "draw-length-specific".

I am after a Bear the truth 2. We've been talking about it in another thread. I am currently shooting a Champion Stratus. I shot the Bear not so long ago and fell in love with it. Ive done some more research and as far as I can tell its got a good 6 inches of adjustment. The reason I was asking is because of the different draw lengths Cabelas.ca is selling the bow in. If its adjustable why do they list the different lengths?
    The shoulder thing that goes up...