Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska hunt vid.

Thumbs up Alaska hunt vid.

Man, this is awesome. wish a Canadian could do this...I wonder what the requirements for american citizenship are ! 6 week unguided hunt in Northern alaska (somewhere in MU 26 near the Brooks range I think.) Some amazing footage and certainly something I think every hunter dreams of. Was looking up the Alaska hunt reg.s for information on unguided hunts on non-resi. aliens (allowed my hopes to get up a bit). Sadly dissapointed though...I think this kind of trip would be the dream of my hunting career. I wonder if you could do something like this in Yukon or NWT?

COOL VID THOUGH! will definately order the 90 min. documentary from his website!

(sorry if you've all seen this!)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=A59QSLF1v24

Cheers!
    "If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alaska hunt vid.

nice vid, if its a huge dream of yours then you should move to the yukon and get your residency. still lots of wild country up there and lots of game.

Grass is always greener on the otherside... You can do a hunt like that right here in some of the best hunting in the world!

WOULD LOVE TO! Unfrotunately there isn't much in the Yukon for me other than this hunt of a life time... gotta pay the bills.
    "If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters"

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayelkslayer View Post
    Grass is always greener on the otherside... You can do a hunt like that right here in some of the best hunting in the world!
    What rivers in BC could a guy do a hunt like that? Im sure there is some but I just dont know of them!

Ive seen that vid before, but enjoyed it again. Sure does look like a dream hunt!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

I've watched that vid a few times now....sure would be an adventure!
    You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

like to see a good honest hunt real good video

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    What rivers in BC could a guy do a hunt like that? Im sure there is some but I just dont know of them!
    Hmm well I wasn't thinking of strictly a float trip, because you could certainly do some multi-species trips in northern BC on foot or horse. But surely some of those big watersheds in northern BC are floatable? I don't really know those rivers though, but I'm sure there are some on this site who know about it.

Isn't that from "700 Miles Alone"?

That was an inspiring trip. I was doubting camping for an Elk hunt in Grizz country with a buddy, until we watched this video. Then we felt like pussies, and started packing..lol

That is what you call getting back into no mans land ,what a nice trip this solo hunter had ,man o man that is two beautifully caribou he got.

Now that would be they way I would like to hunt ,in no mans land ,thanks for posting this up for us to see.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-20-2009 at 07:58 AM.