Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to go for rabbit hunting?

where to go for rabbit hunting?

Since big game hunting is done till bear season I was wondering where is a good rabbit hunting area that is at most 2 1/2 - 3 hours from surrey. also post your favorite rabbit recipe. always wanted to try rabbit and need something to fill the time from the end of duck season to mid april.
    " Many a child travels this high to be different, trying to get something from the mountain that nature couldn't give him down below"

2. Site Sponsor

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

Re: where to go for rabbit hunting?

you do not need to drive far.rabbits everywhere.drive around edge of farmers' field and find bushes.rabbits will be there.make sure you are in hunting area.

Quote Originally Posted by sneg View Post
    you do not need to drive far.rabbits everywhere.drive around edge of farmers' field and find bushes.rabbits will be there.make sure you are in hunting area.
    FV special area permit and a scattergun open up a lot of local rabbit range as well. be sure to knock on a few doors between aldergrove and chilliwack and you should be able to secure some great bunny action
    april fool in waiting

Thanks for the replies, I have the Fraser valley hunting map and license so i know the areas your allowed to hunt. Its nice knowing i don't have to go far.
    " Many a child travels this high to be different, trying to get something from the mountain that nature couldn't give him down below"

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

I was driving the other day in Delta some road between farmer fields.spotted nice family event : grandpa,grandma and drandson,probably 4-6 y.o hunting rabbits with dog on some green stuff. It was quite neat. Both grandparents were shooting.Young fella was really excited ,giving commands to dog and finger pointing at rabbits. nice.

While you're out there chasing down bunnies, be on the lookout for coyotes too. They usually go hand-in-hand.

The Fraser Valley has OODLES of both but is also mainly private property and most often, permission is needed. Also be aware of firearm restrictions (shotty only, for example) in the area you're hunting.

Rabbit meat IS delicious. Treat it (spice) as you would for pork and munch on! One of my faves for bunny is a sweet-n-sour sauce w/ pineapple bits.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Hey Duckhunt, I like to stuff the inside of bunnies with onion and garlic, salt/pepper, and sage. Then I tie them tightly with twine, and put a few cuts in the meaty portions, stuffing in some sage, salt/pepper, and a small piece of garlic. I then roll them in olive oil with some garlic powder in it, and roast them at 350 for 50 odd minutes, more or less depending on size.
    Enjoy! They're also quite tasty Italian Cacciatore style, cut them up and fry them slowly with olive oil, tomato sauce, garlic, and black olives, turning the pieces often. Have fun!

thank you again for replies, I will definitely try that recipe slingshot sounds awesome. Still haven't been able to get out and get permission been too busy lately.

I was out in the lower echelons of the Coq., last Wednesday.

LOTTSA Bunny tracks in the snow.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Quote Originally Posted by martyonthewater View Post
    FV special area permit and a scattergun open up a lot of local rabbit range as well. be sure to knock on a few doors between aldergrove and chilliwack and you should be able to secure some great bunny action
    'FV special area permit'.. What is that? Can you still hunt in the FV without it or do you have to have one?
    Thanks