Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could hunt one species from somewhere outside of NA what would it be?

If you could hunt one species from somewhere outside of NA what would it be?

Going to the SCI show this week coming up! For those of you who dont know what the SCI convention is, its where about 1000 Guide Outfitters meet to sell thier hunts. So what animal from outside of North America tops your list? Where would you go? My two interests so far is Africa for either cape buffalo or a lion, and New Zealand for a Red Stag. Because I havnt hunted off the contintent before, where should I be considering going this year? Yes I know we have the best animals in Canada...but if lets say, you won a free hunt eleswhere, what would it be?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: If you could hunt one species from somewhere outside of NA what would it be?

If I had to pick one animal it would be a Siberian Ibex as they have always interested me since I first started hunting. They have impressive horns and live in tough terrain and I think they would be a memorable hunt.

Re: If you could hunt one species from somewhere outside of NA what would it be?

any one of the african big five, with this order of preferance. elephant, lion ,leopard ,rhino buffalo

The Marco Polo rams look very interesting. Cape buffalo is the only one on the Big 5 list that really interests me. Lion woudl be exciting, but I dont' know if they make those giant black maned ones anymore, and I dont' want to hunt a little one
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If it was for only one species then I wouldn't pick Africa, a mixed bag hunt I definitly would but for only one animal I don't think it would be worth it

If money wasn't an issue, I'd have to say Marco Polo.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

Marco-Polo Ram or Kudu, Russian Brown Bear would also be hi-up on the list. Guess all I need is unlimited wealth.
    Last edited by kishman; 01-18-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Probably Red Stag in Argentina
    Taxidermist in training
    Specimens for practice always appreciated!

New Zealand red for me, would also like to get the fly on the water for a few of the big browns they get down there
    april fool in waiting

I'd like to go to Africa to hunt wart hogs and hyenas with my recurve
    Traditional Bowhunters of British Columbia
    United Bowhunters of BC.
    Chilliwack Fish and Game Protective Association
    Professional Bowhunters Society

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

If my health would permit it, I would chose Marco Polo Sheep. Otherwise I would go for Cape Buffalo.
    I did a mixed bag plains game hunt in South Africa in 2007 and it was terrific. Have to go back...