Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of bird?

What kind of bird?

down at boundary bay across from westham island i saw a few bird fly by, right within range, and i did not want to shoot them cause i did not know if they were brant or not. they were flying by by themselves, dark, and i could tell they were pretty skinny when they flew to the side of me. i think i noticed them standing on some pilings before. any ideas? thanks

kastles
    "I would never sell you guys life insurance."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What kind of bird?

pretty sure that would be a cormorant,good idea not to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by kastles View Post
    down i think i noticed them standing on some pilings before

kastles
    Yep Comorants would be my guess aswell. Its good to hear you didnt fire becuase you couldnt ID the bird, they are protected just like those sandpipers in the huge flocks you also see out there.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

I say the same, Cormorants. And be careful in low light and coming at you they can look like a goose.

I think you might be lost or I am not reading this correct. Boundary Bay is not across from Westham Island. Do you mean the Brunswick.
    Beretta its not just a gun its a lifestyle!

ok thanks guys. that means i did not see any ducks once again. so do you think we'll ever get a swan season?

cormorants. so would you were going to shoot them if they were brant? might want to check the regs on that one.
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

let me be the 4th to say cormorants, dont shoot,, you would probably miss though. those things can seriously boogie!!
    we were heading to seattle harbor going full out at 25 knots and 3 of those things passed us like we were in a row boat.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleklassen@live.ca View Post
    cormorants. so would you were going to shoot them if they were brant? might want to check the regs on that one.
    Do you have trouble understanding grammar and the english language. The way he phrased his statement implies that he wanted to make sure they weren't Brant.

Good Job! Not shooting because you can't ID, that's what I like to hear.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

kyle, i wanted to know cause i knew brants were out of season but was hopeing they fell under the "duck" catagory.
    pattern, probably lost. i drove to the end of ladner trunk, and i think it turns into river road. just looked at gooogle earth and i was a far ways from bounday. good to know