Thread: Funny things you see out there.

Funny things you see out there.

Never thought when I'd be out watching brant, that you'd run into this thing, had to do a double take to make sure it wasnt a loch ness or ogopogo

Mmmmmm tasty goat.

Still trying to get used to my big purchase, a new Canon 40D, once I buy the lense I want I should be able to take great close up shots of the birds coming in.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 01-11-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Funny things you see out there.

I bet that goat smelled yummy.
    Here's another dead sea critter.
    Wish we could hunt brant here.

Hooked on quack.

Looks like some good quality sushi there. Just dont let the dogs roll in it.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Did ya see much for Brant? There was a ton around just before Xmas but I haven't been looking since. It's the same every year, tons of birds then they disappear just before the season. K

At least it wasn't a foot, or worse yet a body!

There was a huge dead seal at one of my sea duckin spots once, smelled it long before we saw it!

Ian

Last year I was out with Iron Head and he went out to pick up a cripple and I saw him pick up a big fish in the shallows, lift it out of the water for a moment then release it.

"What was that, a half dead chum?" I asked.

"No, sturgeon," he said.

I used to see both sockeye and dog salmon zipping through my decoy strings quite often,as they used smaller channels to get into Canoe pass,and up the Fraser.Always on an incoming tide. Gunner

I've lost a couple of decoys to chum. The string gets caught in their mouth and away they go. Funny but frustrating. Looks good for realism seeing the decoy just giving it around in the water.