Thread: Cackler with an Identity Problem

Cackler with an Identity Problem

Took a few photos the other day.

Found this guy all by himself hanging out with the ducks. He came and left with them.

I was also watching all these ducks for an hour or two, spotted another storm wigeon but not as nice as the two I took last week.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cackler with an Identity Problem

Man those little guys are small. What do they tast like compared to their bigger cousins?
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

To me, a goose is a goose. If they're all eating the same thing out of a field they should be close to the same taste wise. I've never noticed any difference. Last year I made instead of beer can chicken, I did beer can cackler. Pretty good.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Those little guys are the prefect size for a one man meal. I usually roast up a mallard for myself with potatoes and carrots. That guy would be just enough to make me happy

We had company come over last night and I cooked up one of the resident Giant Canada's we took on the 20th. A friend and I managed to eat one breast of the goose so needless to say I'll be eating goose for the next couple of days.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

That's a killer storm, if you've shot 2 nicer we must see the pics!

Huh, funny how after wrapping them up in the freezer you thought they were better. I still like the top one better. The underside on the neck is all green like the sides of the head, most just have the normal grey/black colouring to them.

The other one does have alot more black in the face but I still really like it as its a real bull of a drake. I undertstand the more white in the face is perfered for storms but I almost like the bottom look better with some black in it.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 12-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.