Thread: finger tab or shooting glove

finger tab or shooting glove

hey sorry to ask a barrage of traditional archery questions in one day but I would just like to know whether I should buy a shooting glove or a finger tab for shooting my new recurve?

pros vs. cons?
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: finger tab or shooting glove

hey pupper,

youll have to try them all, but i would highly reccomend a glove. take a look at the martin gloves, theyre awsome.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntwriter It seems the "BS" worked just fine for me. But it's no problem you do what works for you I do what works for me

hunting, fishing, wheeling, arrow flinging, gun shooting, loving it all
    proud supporter of the browning and A.P.A. killing club

Its a matter of personal preference, however most shooters I know use a glove.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Thumbs up Re: finger tab or shooting glove

Pupper I prefer a glove while hunting just for the convenience of it, no need to fumble with a tab when a shot presents itself...I still shoot a tad bit better with a Tab though IMO but the Glove gets the nod for me when out stalking

I've got an extra tab(calf hair), I'll throw in the box...at least for you to give it a feel...don't want you burnin off your fingers

Bow Walker Guest

From my finger days - either one will work just fine. It's a matter of personal preference. Me? I preferred the tab, maybe that's why I now shoot a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Pupper I prefer a glove while hunting just for the convenience of it, no need to fumble with a tab when a shot presents itself...I still shoot a tad bit better with a Tab though IMO but the Glove gets the nod for me when out stalking
    That is most likely the case for most guys and gals as the glove is there and at ready all the time whereas the tab requires some time to get ready or must be cared for if carried reversed on the finger.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Hey Pupper , Two reasons I have always preffered a tab . Firstly it is easy to make a tab out of almost any leather . I am prone to missplacing my tabs and so have several on hand . Cheap and easy to make ...
    The second reason is that the :Saunders : tab is of a material that is waterproof and will perform in dry or soaking (west coast) conditions.
    A wet leather glove with the hard leather fingers will CHUNK up and make a smooth release very hard . A wet leather tab is by nature a bit softer and your release is much less affected .
    Hope this helps .....
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

thanks alot for the advice guys
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Try both. I shoot my best trad rounds with a glove. The tab seems to mentally help the release 3-2-1-gone, but I find I am much smoother with a glove. I second the Martin gloves.