Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know it's easy, but...

I know it's easy, but...

I have four trail-cam pictures in the gallery that I want to put in a single post. I can only seem to do one at a time. I've tried to follow the advice given in several different threads, but no worky for me.

I'm using Windows Vista and I'm not that smart.

Simple step by step ??

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I know it's easy, but...

Like this??

Just go to your picture, open it up and right click, hit copy, go to your post and right click, hit paste and you have your picture.

Simple eh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Thanks SS, but I wanted to know how to put mutiple pics in the same post.

Anything is simple..............if you know how.

Got a photobucket account? www.photobucket.com

Get one, and upload the pics. It's simple ..there's a big blue button that says "Choose Files" that you'll see once you're signed up.

Open two windows..one with a HBC new post (or Reply to post..you know what I mean... a typin' winder), and the other your newly uploaded photobucket pics.

Now click on a pic you want...(double click, maybe) ..and a new window opens.

On the right, there's an Image Link Code box with a bunch of codes (HTML, Hyperlink, Embed, etc.)
    Click on the bottom one..and copy the whole link. Says "Image Code" It'll start with [IMG....

PASTE that into your HBC window....add a few spaces....now go back and git the other ones, and keep doin it until yer done, eh?

You can also edit the size of pics you upload, and also edit the photos for red-eye, crop 'em, whatever. Poke around in the sire a bit.

Any questions, PM me, or stick em here.

EMC

Middle to upper, lower fraser valley mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ElkMasterC View Post
    Got a photobucket account? www.photobucket.com

Get one, and upload the pics. It's simple ..there's a big blue button that says "Choose Files" that you'll see once you're signed up.

Open two windows..one with a HBC new post (or Reply to post..you know what I mean... a typin' winder), and the other your newly uploaded photobucket pics.

Now click on a pic you want...(double click, maybe) ..and a new window opens.

On the right, there's an Image Link Code box with a bunch of codes (HTML, Hyperlink, Embed, etc.)
    Click on the bottom one..and copy the whole link. Says "Image Code" It'll start with [IMG....

PASTE that into your HBC window....add a few spaces....now go back and git the other ones, and keep doin it until yer done, eh?

You can also edit the size of pics you upload, and also edit the photos for red-eye, crop 'em, whatever. Poke around in the sire a bit.

Any questions, PM me, or stick em here.

EMC
    Yup just like he said....
    "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

I'm a vegetarian. I eat things that eat vegetables..........

Thanks EMC. I printed your instuctions from this page. I have a Photobucket account, but was of the belief that uploading to HBC gallery was the way to go.

Too much techno at one sitting can make me start talking like Jelvis.

If the images are in the gallery you can right click on the image and choose "copy image location" then paste "shift + insert" into the image location box that comes up when you click the "insert image" button. Then hit the OK button, that will insert the first image, hit the enter key a couple of times to put a space between the images then click the insert image icon to insert the next image and do it all again as many images as you want. It is best to have two windows open 1) the message 2) the gallery.

Be sure to copy the full size image and not the thumbnail from the gallery, also be sure to choose "copy Image location" and not "copy link location"
    Last edited by wetcoastwillie; 12-22-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    If the images are in the gallery you can right click on the image and choose "copy image location" then paste "shift + insert" into the image location box that comes up when you click the "insert image" button. Then hit the OK button, that will insert the first image, hit the enter key a couple of times to put a space between the images then click the insert image icon to insert the next image and do it all again as many images as you want. It is best to have two windows open 1) the message 2) the gallery.

Be sure to copy the full size image and not the thumbnail from the gallery, also be sure to choose "copy Image location" and not "copy link location"

I didn't know that. If you have images uploaded to HBC, that would be a real time saver.
    Bein' alive today is complimacated.

Bow Walker Guest

Something like this??

All I did was to open another 'tabbed window' of HBC's Gallery (while keeping the window open that contains this thread) and left click on a pic.

When the selected pic Opens, I put my cursor on the pic - if the cursor arrow changes to a hand then left click again, the pic will open up a bit larger.

When all of that is accomplished just right click on the picture and select Copy. Go back to the other window containing your thread or reply and right clik again. Choose Paste from the menu and viola! Eezy, Peezy!

Thanks Techies. I was practicing last night loading from gallery. I don't get some of the prompts or boxes that you do. My system maybe?? I also ended up with some of the pics different sizes and some side by side. I hate it when I have to side shift to see whole post, so I won't post pics until I cure that. I'm an old dog, so I can only learn the easy new tricks.

Simple, eezy-peezy? I find it pretty simple to start on a Monday to design a trailer that can hold two quads sideways, load from all four sides and still meet the BC Ferries width restrictions. And then build it in on the weekend and head for the QCI's with it on the following Monday!!

But this picture posting stuff is tough!! I think I'll go rebuild my 4X4's transfer case to relax.

But honestly, I do appreciate people that are willing to help. A good teacher knows his stuff. A great teacher can present it so that others understand.