Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertical sausage stuffer???

Vertical sausage stuffer???

Anybody know of a source for them in Canada that won't break the bank?
    I thinking $300 max.
    Home built ideas are also welcome

I am looking for a hand crank type of setup,not the horn type.

I looked at quite a few in the US but lots of them won't ship to Canada.

I would prefer to stay away from E bay as well,will use them as a last resort.

Thanks for any help

This is what I am after....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vertical sausage stuffer???

I am not that familliar with vertical stuffers .When I was getting set up to make my own I did quite a bit of researching .What I found with stuffers like you have in the picture was that alot of people had problems with the plastic gears wearing out very quickly and then not being able to find parts to repair them.

I would have preffered a vertical stuffer as well but price was also an issue for me .

I found a brand new Cabelas horizontal 6lber on ebay for $35 and it works awesome .I can see how a vertical would be a little nicer because it would take up a little less space.

A fellow at work just bought one from stuffers.They seem to be the go to people for anything sausage related.Just Google them .Good luck!

OK...thanks very much

I have an Enterprise verticle stuffer, it takes 4 qt's (10lb of meat) and cranks out sausage real good. Have look on Ebay, they are cast iron and tough as hell. Even thought about selling mine as I now have an electric grinder that is dual purpose.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I bought mine from northern tool .com. It was under 200 for a vertical 15lb stuffer. They are 199us right now, they were 165 on sale when I bought mine.

I bought a nice stainless steel vertical stuffer from SIR mailorder out of Winnipeg a while back. I can't remember exactly, but it was about $150, which was considerably cheaper than any other vertical stuffers I could find. It is a LEM brand, which is a popular make with hunters. I have used it to make about 75 LBS of sausage to date. It works very well and is easy to use, with no real effort at all required to turn the crank.

SIR has since been bought out by Cabela's. I think this model is what I have. I saw the same stuffer on sale for $140 at Princess Auto mid-winter, once hunting season was long over, but the regular price was more than SIR was. Hope this gets you started.
    There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will.

Check this out -I was thinking of getting one myself , had seen some decent reviews on a couple of smoking and sausage making forums

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...3527_200333527
    Last edited by Conrad74; 04-02-2009 at 12:40 PM.

That is the stuffer that I own. I have only used it once so far on a 50lb batch. It worked well as my previous was 5lb horizontal and when making large amounts it took a lot of reloading to get the job done. There is no plastic parts other than the stuffer horns and very solid.

hmmm get quality it will last...I was made a "present" of a $1000 vertical stuffer from Germany.."DICK" amazing quality..but vertical is the way to go..

cheers

Steven

I was shocked to find them at Princess Auto! Cheap. They were out of stock in Vancouver but you might have better luck your way.
    P.S. They had a fair amount of hunting/ meat processing stuff. Unreal prices.
    Good luck
    Stef