Thread: My First Grouse

My First Grouse

LOL sad as this might be this is my first blue grouse i've harvested. Was told by my friend & his dad who were hunting with me up in princeton and who have hunted for many years, that it's the biggest blue grouse they have seen be taken. This was a pretty heavy blue grouse, so they were impressed and I was proud as a pee cock. I also took some ruffs that trip as well will post them up as well.

Oh did I mention this was also my first time ever gutting or cleaning anything.

And here's the end result...lol

And here's my ruffs with my 410/.22 over under I used to harvest them all

Last edited by NoLimit99; 11-04-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    ~~Do As You Want Done To You~~

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My First Grouse

nice lookin bird you know if you step on the wings and pull the feet the breast pops right out

Quote Originally Posted by coombes View Post
    nice lookin bird you know if you step on the wings and pull the feet the breast pops right out
    This trick works like a charm! Just make sure you do it before Rigamorteus kicks in, otherwise it don't work as good.
    Congrats on your first Chicken!
    First--Know the land-know your prey.

Those are some nice grouse especially thats big blue grouse, I remember my first grouse nice ruffed grouse almost hit em with my qaud then took the 22 to his head
    " Many a child travels this high to be different, trying to get something from the mountain that nature couldn't give him down below"

Congrats on your first, that's a beauty blue. Neat rifle/shot gun too.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA