Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: calf hunters?

calf hunters?

I live in vanderhoof and today the town was crawling with hunters. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the calf season opening tommarro. it could be the long weekend but I say its the calf season. Ive never shot a calf moose, and you never know I just might be hungrey enouph to shoot one, one day . BUT NOT ANYTIME SOON. My question is how many of YOU out there have shot a calf moose. Come on be honest!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: calf hunters?

cow was taken first, mmmmm calf
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

1899 Guest

I haven't, but not for lack of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    cow was taken first, mmmmm calf
    calf was to fast for you?

When I was just a boy we took a calf moose. Although I didn't take it my stepfather did while I was with him. It was sure tasty. I got my very first deer later on the same day. here's a pic from that trip years ago.

A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

1899 Guest

A friend shot a calf quite a few years back. I have to tell to that it was REAL fine eating. Tender like you can't imagine.

No came across a hunting party that had shot a cow under LEH and they said "their might have been a calf" their tag filled they did'nt hang around to find out. After looking around and see the tracks in the area, indeed the cow had a calf. It took 2 days for him to come back. Would not have made it throught the winter. Blame me for the cow, no the guys should have checked for offspring. I saw an opportunity and took it. Calves were open
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    No came across a hunting party that had shot a cow under LEH and they said "their might have been a calf" their tag filled they did'nt hang around to find out. After looking around and see the tracks in the area, indeed the cow had a calf. It took 2 days for him to come back. Would not have made it throught the winter. Blame me for the cow, no the guys should have checked for offspring. I saw an opportunity and took it. Calves were open
    That sounds pretty good of you to put the effort in to finish the job someone eles should of taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    That sounds pretty good of you to put the effort in to finish the job someone eles should of taken care of.

Yes sir, their are a lot of hunters who do not "take the calf first"!

I'd take a calf in a heartbeat.

Boomp..... Boom Boomp......... Boomp - KABOOM!! -__________________________________________________ ________________

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean