Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quading alone

quading alone

was up hunting up the chilliwack lake area last week with a friend when in the middle of no where we came across someone walking down the road.as we got closer we realized he had blood on his face.got out and asked him if he was okay he replied he had been quading and flipped his quad on top of himself. i put him in my truck ,threw a blanket on him and gave him some water. he told us both that he had spent the night under a tree and hads been walking for a day and a half. i asked him if he needed a ride to the hospital. he said no just to his truck. once there we exchanged numbers and offered him for us to get his quad and bring it to his house when we were done hunting. thats just what we did. upon arrival at his place he gave us a 100$ and a bud each. i said no thanks but he insisted. I mentioned to him what was he doing

2. Site Sponsor

1899 Guest

Re: quading alone

That could have turned out much worse! Do many people go quading alone? My brother used to go on extended trips in Northern Alberta, but always in a group of 3 or 4.

I guess it's like a solo hunt. The risks can be greater but so can the rewards.

The guys lucky, be a hell of a way to go, stuck under your quad for a few days well you slowly died! I put on a couple of thousand solo K's each year, you can't take the risks alone like you can if there's a few bikes there. I take enough stuff to to last me a week, and then some. There are risks but more people get hurt or mugged jogging in the park than on Quads. Was a real nice thing you guys did, was the quad drivable when you got it?

I keep to roads that are in fairly good shape when I quad buy myself.

Its when people speed and get careless when things happen to them.

I go slow and watch what I am doing ,my top speed is only 15kl an hour when I am traveling on a spur road.

It was very kind of you to refuse the money and help him out.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 10-09-2008 at 05:12 AM.

sneg is offline Born 2 hunt forced 2 work

Trying always be double carefull while alone on truck or quad in remote areas. However you never know.andrealine always push to try and go little further. if terrain seems little too much for my wheels i walk . I feel sorry for that guy.Good on you to help fellow hunter.

guest Guest

Maybe the bud had something to do with what happened in the first place.

Hubby flipped his quad when hunting alone in Creston for Elk. Lucky he didn't kill himself. Split the stock of his rifle though. If/when he can make it up there he tries to hook up with a great guy who hunts up there for a month out of the year. At least then someone knows he hasn't come back to camp KWIM?
    Its not the size that matters, its the fun you have while doing it. (HUNTING)

I was biking alone on the weekend while the rest of camp was sleeping and realized how unprepared I was in case something happened. You have to be extra carefull, take as few risks as possible and be ready to get yourself out or fed for a few days. I have the same attitude when I'm backcountry snowboarding solo. ALWAYS let somebody know where you are going and if you're not back by a certain time, start looking for me.

You did the right thing by helping...Good on ya
    Cheers

I do 80% of my quading and hunting solo. You definately have to be honest with yourself regarding your strengths/weaknesses, and stay well within your boundaries. I still feel far safer in the bush solo than I do walking down most city streets.

RO